my opinion too!

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
mjatas

my opinion too!

Post by mjatas »

Let me tell you in my opinion what should be in the next version 2.2/3.0
Maybe some people already mentioned some of them, but let me tell you anyways.

1. Stats section. I have seen many phpbb forums with stats listed on them so I think stats would be a great idea.

2. Anti-spam fighter. Some kind of anti-spam add on that could block some dial-up users from spamming the board (with many IP addresses), hacking it or maybe stopping a virus from coming on to your board.

3. Better security. It never happened to me yet, but I heard on a lot of phpBB support boards that people keep getting spam, viruses or some other bugs on their forum, so that means phpBB needs better security.

4. You should add a virus scanner to the new versions. If someone added a download link to your board extra protection should be used. Maybe a system to warn you that, that link has a virus or is loaded with spyware or something before you attempt to download.

5. A spell checker would be nice. A good one like the one that Microsoft Word has implemented.

6. A MOD translator that translates everything on the forum including posts/messages that users write. A MOD would be nice.

7. Ability to add flash, photos and much more easily. I seen these functions on other forums and it was not a MOD.

8. A shout box would be nice. One with many features. That could be a MOD. I never saw a good MOD shoutbox yet with many options/features.

9. Chat section. Many chartrooms and ability to create new rooms.

10. More options in admin control panel.

11. Add a super moderator, moderator and user control panel.

12. Ability to change all pages (of the forum) in admin control panel, compared to doing it manual with notepad then uploading the page via FTP.

If I think of anything else I will let you guys know.

the_dan

Re: my opinion too!

Post by the_dan »

mjatas wrote: 1. Stats section. I have seen many phpbb forums with stats listed on them so I think stats would be a great idea.
Only would be used by a minority. Won't happen.
2. Anti-spam fighter. Some kind of anti-spam add on that could block some dial-up users from spamming the board (with many IP addresses), hacking it or maybe stopping a virus from coming on to your board.
IP banning has been in place since 2.0.
3. Better security. It never happened to me yet, but I heard on a lot of phpBB support boards that people keep getting spam, viruses or some other bugs on their forum, so that means phpBB needs better security.
Has been looked at and implemented.
4. You should add a virus scanner to the new versions. If someone added a download link to your board extra protection should be used. Maybe a system to warn you that, that link has a virus or is loaded with spyware or something before you attempt to download.
No chance.
5. A spell checker would be nice. A good one like the one that Microsoft Word has implemented.
Not going to be used by everyone, requires a fair ammount of storage space, could be slow / server intensive. Very much doubt we'll see it outside of a MOD.
6. A MOD translator that translates everything on the forum including posts/messages that users write. A MOD would be nice.
Would only be used by a minority - Suitible as a MOD possibly.
7. Ability to add flash, photos and much more easily. I seen these functions on other forums and it was not a MOD.
Implemented I believe.
8. A shout box would be nice. One with many features. That could be a MOD. I never saw a good MOD shoutbox yet with many options/features.
Again, would just be bloat.
9. Chat section. Many chartrooms and ability to create new rooms.
So somthing like a fourm? Oh, hang on ;)
10. More options in admin control panel.
They're there ;)
11. Add a super moderator, moderator and user control panel.
Implemented.
12. Ability to change all pages (of the forum) in admin control panel, compared to doing it manual with notepad then uploading the page via FTP.
Implemented I believe.

blobber

Sometimes it's really fun being around ...

Post by blobber »

While we are at it, I think it would be really noble of phpBB if it could end the world poverty.
No really, that would sooo cool of the dev team - PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Well I hear that yes, they are planning on turning phpBB into a Baking Program :lol:

People please do a quick search before responding to this comment, say 'PHPBB BAKERS BUDDY' and see what you find!

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

No feature requests ... if you have a question about something phpBB 3.0 contains please feel free to first look around and then, if you cannot find it, ask.