My opinion

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
grrrlromeo

Re: My opinion

Post by grrrlromeo »

I think it's silly to assume that because you'd use a feature everyone else will too. I have user reputation turned off on vBulletin. I think it's useless and for most boards serves no other purpose than a popularity contest. The only kind of board that I think it'd be useful for is a board that offers support or advice of some kind.
I can't delete my signature.

arod-1

Post by arod-1 »

psoTFX wrote: .....
I already have ... or does a response from the former dev team leader, current CTO/co-CEO and single largest contributor of source to all phpBB projects not count :P and :D
?????????
psotfx, this is news to me.
i thought phpbb was an open source project.
is there a corporation associated with it? where is it incorporated? when was it incorproated? what's its name? what does it own? is there a corporate site?
or was the "cto/co-ceo" reference humorous? (in this case, i'll tell you what i tell my sons: its aint a joke if its not funny).

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

He provides the overall technical supervision -- hence the CTO part -- and is one of two people who heads up the project overall -- hence the co-CEO part. It's not a joke, but neither is it formalized in a corporation, as I understand it. Yes, it is an open-source project, which means you can take the code as it is right now and work on it, but just because it's open-source doesn't mean that everything everyone wants can be thrown into it. The project owners decide who works on the core project and what is included, and since Paul is one of those, he is allowed speak at this level.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

What he said :)

arod-1

Post by arod-1 »

thx for the clarification.

§nake

Post by §nake »

NO, NO, NOOO, Karma/Reputation on VBulliten and SMF is terrible! The only good Reputation mod is this one (can't remember the name) for IPB 1.x...

CoreIssue

Post by CoreIssue »

Reputation points on a discussion and debate board are non starters. They discourage participation when an individual or group with an agenda use it to make people who disagree with them look bad.

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Would you like to repeat that a few more times just to be sure that we got it? :roll:

CoreIssue

Post by CoreIssue »

Martin Blank wrote: Would you like to repeat that a few more times just to be sure that we got it? :roll:
I don't see your commentary on 3 people starting the same discussion 3 different times and all running in parallel.

Obviously not everyone is looking at all 3 topics.

Did you consider THAT little detail before posting this sarcasm? :roll:

Yeeesh!!! Get over it. ;)

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

I've grown used to questions being repeated over the course of days, and substantially identical answers being posted, and these threads were started well apart from each other. Copy/pasted answers, posted within a few minutes of each other, are a bit excessive.