Custom profile fields: user can see but not edit?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Amorya

Custom profile fields: user can see but not edit?

Post by Amorya »

In the custom profile fields, is there a way to have one that the user can see but not edit? I know there's a setting to hide the field from the user totally, so they can't see or edit, but I want it to be visible in their profile screen but as a read only value.

Any ideas?

Amorya

BioALIEN

Re: Custom profile fields: user can see but not edit?

Post by BioALIEN »

That whole section isnt stable. Its still in development, you can add the fields but you cant edit or in some certain fields cant see them!

I'd imagine what you mentioned above wont be added to the package - you will need to do some custom coding for it!
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

Amorya

Re: Custom profile fields: user can see but not edit?

Post by Amorya »

BioALIEN wrote: That whole section isnt stable. Its still in development, you can add the fields but you cant edit or in some certain fields cant see them!

I'd imagine what you mentioned above wont be added to the package - you will need to do some custom coding for it!
I realise it isn't stable - in the CVS install I have, it forgets any changes you make to custom fields. I was just enquiring to see if the functionality was planned :)

Amorya

robertmf
Location: In PA, 55 min. via commuter RR outside Filthadelphia

Re: Custom profile fields FEEDBACK

Post by robertmf »

Amorya wrote:
BioALIEN wrote: That whole section isnt stable. Its still in development, you can add the fields but you cant edit or in some certain fields cant see them!

Amorya
For the custom fields dropdown list attribute type how about one for [DATE] ?