Spell Check

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Aldenhier

Re: Spell Check

Post by Aldenhier »

*ah-hem*

Spelling Cow uses a remotely hosted database... the login system isn't even the same as the board's login... so there is no server load to worry about on your part!

Also...

Spelling Cow can be enabled/disabled in each user's control panel. If you don't want it on the forums at all, there may be a way to dis-able it totally in the ACP, or you could just not install it at all......

-Aldenhier

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Hyperlink wrote: Those extensions are very nice. I still think it would be nice to have an integrated one for phpbb. Sometimes I wish I could enforce some degree of spelling ability on some people. The spelling cow spell checker was a little awkward...
Use the word censors with some imagination. ;)

i > I
u > you

et cetera
Rob

Hyperlink

Post by Hyperlink »

8O Thats a good idea. I'll have to try that. Its not quite a spell check, but its an anti-idiot.

APTX

Post by APTX »

Someone could write a mod using pspell. Never tryed it or anyting but it was written for such things.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Mr.Jester

Post by Mr.Jester »

What about some form of firefox extension/activex control that would use local resources for spell checking. Maybe a 1 time dictionary and applet download from the site viola. You have client side spell checker integrated with the forums.

Note: I have not looked at spelling cow or the other apps mentioned in this thread yet. Posting this prior to restarting FireFox.