External Auth Modules

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
KevKEv

External Auth Modules

Post by KevKEv »

I've been looking though the code to try to get a jump on integrating my website's auth with our forums by preping for the new external auth modules.

Basicly I can see what I need to return and such in the auth module. This all looks pretty simple. Where I'm confused is I don't understand how the rest of the profile gets setup? If the fields are empty does phpBB use a set of "sane" defaults and store those to initialize the user's information. Does this create the user's groups (I couldn't tell if users still get their own single user groups for permissions assignment) and such?

basicly for user/password integration is the auth module (and the row information returned from it) all i need to worry about?