phpBB 2.2, top features

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
dark Tranquility

Re: phpBB 2.2, top features

Post by dark Tranquility »

- File attachement
- Quick reply
- Quick search
- Moderating posts in some forums (approval)
- Restricting entry to a users having a given number of posts
- subforums
- User status
- Faster and smoother upgrades

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

dark Tranquility wrote: - Quick reply
Quick reply!? Where!? I thought they weren't going to do that? *looks around* Waaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttt... you're trying to trick me, aren't you! :roll: ;)

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Aldenhier wrote:
dark Tranquility wrote: - Quick reply
Quick reply!? Where!? I thought they weren't going to do that? *looks around* Waaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttt... you're trying to trick me, aren't you! :roll: ;)
:lol: LOL :P

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Some people still seem to be thinking this is about their wish list of what they want to be in the new version. Just as a reminder, it is about what is going to be in the new version that you like most. For me it's gotta be:

- server-side post read tracking (mostly for myself as a moderator, so I don't have to go through all my unread posts once I open the forum, but can choose to come back later to continue moderating, but I know my users will love this too)
- report-a-post
- subforums

grrrlromeo

Post by grrrlromeo »

I've still debating whether or not I'll enable post reporting. I've seen it abused by users before. Long story short, on a site parallel to mine a user or users took it upon themselves to report every post made by another group of users if it even looked like they were breaking a rule until eventually there was a mass banning. Though I partially blame that on bad moderating and subjective rules.

I absolutely love user enabled censoring. Running a site where there are a lot of activists, the first amendment comes up frequently. So user enabled censoring is the perfect compromise between people who would prefer to not see certain words and those who like to indulge on their freedom of speech.

The ability to exclude a forum from search. Oh, yes! I have a word games forum and since there are many unique words in there that don't appear anywhere else it adds quite a bit of useless bloat to the search tables.
I can't delete my signature.

rodvr

Post by rodvr »

I want this version very soon! :mrgreen:

TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

hmmm I really don't want much more than:
- A bit more power in ACP
- A better permission system
- Subforums
- Some sort of points of cash system
I'm not greedy, I'm getting what I want. Except say a
cash mod. I'm sure I could either wait or, not use one. Keep up the good work for all the developers. I'm really eager to see 3.0.

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

TrevorB wrote: hmmm I really don't want much more than:
- A bit more power in ACP
- A better permission system
- Subforums
- Some sort of points of cash system
I'm not greedy, I'm getting what I want. Except say a
cash mod. I'm sure I could either wait or, not use one. Keep up the good work for all the developers. I'm really eager to see 3.0.
Eelke wrote: Some people still seem to be thinking this is about their wish list of what they want to be in the new version. Just as a reminder, it is about what is going to be in the new version that you like most.
Sigh...

I like subforums, and the new permissions system,

webstars

Post by webstars »

some of the top features from me too ;)

--All of the above
--Ability for the admin to alter the members post number
--Slightly increase the size of the smilies, something like the onse in IPB
--Have ability to have different smilie packs enabled at a time so that the user can choose which one he wants to use.
--And many more to come as i get the ideas :D

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

This isn't a thread for ideas. It's for mentioning which features you are most looking forward to and which have already been confirmed for Olympus.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.