alter_block_array stuffs

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
dmaj007

alter_block_array stuffs

Post by dmaj007 »

VERY cool looking function! I must say that this is very usefull ( at least to me ;) ) I am curious of how it could be of use inside of the core and also if it will ever support nested blocks. Anyway its very nice and I hope to see more. 8)

olger901

Re: alter_block_array stuffs

Post by olger901 »

Yup, that is why phpBB owns a totally free forums that supports loads of stuff :)
-

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

Its not a matter of support. Its functionality and the way things are executed. I am also wondering why it was not in older revisions in the engine..

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

Man this fuction is great! I was able to remove some cashmod template variable hacking!

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

Added nested support for insert :)

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

I really can't wait to get off of 2.0 core and get on 2.2. 2.1.x is, as much as you guys have posted in the cvs (i know you dont submit everythin' you guys do), everything a BB should be. I am glad you guys stuck a nice generic class for modules too, a lil OO can't hurt too much... The upgrade script for 2.0.x to 2.2 will be at best huge and resource demanding.... Creating bitfields for everything that uses bbcodes alone could sink a server....Meh, i dont know why i am offtopic anymore and why i dont use proper grammar..... Need sleep... Lotsa sleep...

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

dmaj007 wrote:Man this fuction is great! I was able to remove some cashmod template variable hacking!
The primary reason it was included ...

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

Heh, I think not.... Prolly just as a way to create more dynamic blocks, I can see you guys using this in any of the modular designs inside 2.1.x

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

erm yes it was the primary reason ;) We don't intend using this ourselves to any great extent. However modders will hopefully be able to do less fiddling with existing code given the presence of this capability.

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

good to hear! I HATE moding cores of anything (if it be the linux kern or just some script in PHP). 2.0.x had a semi modular acp which was awesome, the ACP in 2.1.x has not changed too much but it is a nice difference :) I am also glad you fixed that silly define issue where every include acp module would define in_phpbb thus generating some issues for strictness...