phpBB 2.2 Gender + Digit code?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Masum

phpBB 2.2 Gender + Digit code?

Post by Masum »

Hmm, as far i saw in 2.1 the snapshot one don't have gender option..does anyone know if there will be *Gender* option on 2.2? when it releases?..any clue..b/c it would be great to have gender option in it..also i was thinking if they will put...some digit code ..which will prevent bot from register flooding..or w/e anyhow if u know anything about it let me know please thanks!
Masum

Roberdin

Re: phpBB 2.2 Gender + Digit code?

Post by Roberdin »

An Anti-Robot system that requires users to copy out a series of random letters and numbers from an image into a text box is present, and as are Custom Profile Fields, enabling you to add whatever profile fields you desire easily via the Admin Control Panel. :)
Rob

Kat

Post by Kat »

Woo custom profile fields, !! Hmm obviously I need to go and look at the ACP snapshots again.

*excited*
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

jblake

Post by jblake »

i'm assuming that the anti-robot thing can be turned off, right? I think those are really annoying and will NOT be using it on my site (unless it actually becomes a problem)

RyanThaDude29

Post by RyanThaDude29 »

Yes it can be turned on and off in the ACP, just like it can in 2.0 series. After I was hit with a couple robotic registers, I found a MOD which took care of it. But since 2.0.5(?), phpBB backported the 2.2 version into 2.0, and added it into the /contrib directory. Nice feature, and never had anymore problems.

Graham

Post by Graham »

And as an example of custom fields, look in your profile here at area51 and you will see a gender field present.

/me is an alien :mrgreen:
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Kat

Post by Kat »

Since I posted I have actually managed to add a custom field in 2.08 :oops:

Still, can't wait for 2.2 to be released, it's looking fantastic.
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

Masum

Post by Masum »

Kat wrote:Since I posted I have actually managed to add a custom field in 2.08 :oops:

Indeed! but when is it coming. i heard this year but when :S? i'm gone crazy for it to come..u know i check the sites phpbb.com every two day later? to see if it's out or not...can't wait..!!
Masum

Yoshi 15

Post by Yoshi 15 »

Masum wrote:
Kat wrote:Since I posted I have actually managed to add a custom field in 2.08 :oops:

Indeed! but when is it coming. i heard this year but when :S? i'm gone crazy for it to come..u know i check the sites phpbb.com every two day later? to see if it's out or not...can't wait..!!
All we know is this year.

Masum

Post by Masum »

Yoshi 15 wrote: All we know is this year.

hmm, yes i do know too..but my guess is that..it's coming around..after 2 month..b/c looks like..it's coming with alot of feature so ..i think..it's taking them alot of time..or w/e..will be out probably..before "June" or maybe almost near next year..
Masum