how to upgrade

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Jackal05

Re: how to upgrade

Post by Jackal05 »

lwq wrote:I recently downloaded a snapshot of the phpbb2.2 and i wonder how should i go about upgrading from 2.0.6 to that snapshot
You could do it by hand.
The part that makes it hard is the fact that the database system has been completely redone meaning while creating your won upgrade script you gotta know what your doing and what is what in the older and the new version.
Just wait til they finish it up. ;)
"There are two groups of people, the hunters and the hunted."
-Anonymous

[ My Home | http://www.jackaldesigns.com/ ]
[ Current Project | http://www.jackaldesigns.com/Projects/G ... /index.php ]

JAMMAN

Post by JAMMAN »

It would be so not wise to "upgrade" to the current snapshots of 2.2. Eventhough a few of them work nearly flawlessly, there are features that just aren't done yet, like private messaging and groups. This stuff takes time people and I can't understand why a majority of the visitors here don't "get it".

The software isn't done yet. Enjoy trying it out and be glad that the nice people in the big blue tent have let the public in on the development. It will be done eventually and it will be awesome. Enjoy the ride and when the coaster stops, take home a free hat. (another fine JAMMAN analogy) :lol:

Delicata

Post by Delicata »

I have just downloaded the CVS_200502110200, to have a peek and to install on my test machine, (lappie).

It's interesting to note that there does not seem to be any way of transferring an existing DB, (phpbb 2.0.11), to the new version. Having had a brief look at the CVS, (about half an hour), I like it a lot. Let's hope there will be a db converter included in the final release.

EDIT:-
Further to this, I have seen a subsequent post that states there may be a converter in the RC or final release.
John Gent
Delicata Designs - 'Turning Your Ideas Into Reality'
Tel: +44 (0) 7930 343276
Fax: +44 (0) 7092 004104

Supporter of:
Independent Web Designers Portal | Independent Testers | IT Gazette - Issue 4 out NOW!| Mini Tutorials

Graham

Post by Graham »

There's not much point digging up ancient threads when there are more recent ones on the same topic with better information available.

There is no upgrade script available at present, there will be one at some point before the final release.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!