Upgrading...

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Trippyshoe

Upgrading...

Post by Trippyshoe »

I have not been able to upgrade my phpBB2.0.3 forum to version 2.0.4 or 2.0.6. (It was with great trial and error that I was able to upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3... but I'm not completely sure I did it right.) Will it be easier to upgrade to 2.2 once it comes out?

(I know this subject has been brought up before, and I have read the replies, but I didn't quite understand them...)
psoTFX

Re: Upgrading...

Post by psoTFX »

You don't "upgrade" from 2.0.x to 2.0.y ... you update. If you've been trying to use the upgrade script that will explain your problems (the procedure is noted in the docs contained in all distributions we make).

Work hasn't even properly started on an upgrade script from 2.0.x to 2.2.0 at this time. Needless to say and as has been mentioned a fair number of times it will of course be possible.
Blokker_1999

Post by Blokker_1999 »

would be stupid not to make a script for it :lol:
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

[ot]Bloker1999: Once upon a time, Corel WordPerfect was the leading word processor. But they up and changed their file format. They created an upgrade script, but it was very buggy. Microsoft had a convertor that worked better. So the people all bought Word, and ever since have stayed with MS.

The moral of the story: It is better to have no upgrade script than to have a buggy one.[/ot]
A_Jelly_Doughnut
dennistt

Post by dennistt »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Bloker1999: Once upon a time, Corel WordPerfect was the leading word processor. But they up and changed their file format. They created an upgrade script, but it was very buggy. Microsoft had a convertor that worked better. So the people all bought Word, and ever since have stayed with MS.
Really, I never knew that.
My Website: DennisTT.Net
My Forums: DennisTT.Net Forums
Proudly powered by phpBB2
Southwalesmusic

Post by Southwalesmusic »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:[ot]Bloker1999: Once upon a time, Corel WordPerfect was the leading word processor. But they up and changed their file format. They created an upgrade script, but it was very buggy. Microsoft had a convertor that worked better. So the people all bought Word, and ever since have stayed with MS.[/ot]
man microsoft are just taking over everything, there plans are to incorperate the msnbot search thingy into there new operating system which plp recon will hit google off the top spot. soon there'll be making tv sets
southwalesmusic.co.uk
dennistt

Post by dennistt »

Southwalesmusic wrote:
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:[ot]Bloker1999: Once upon a time, Corel WordPerfect was the leading word processor. But they up and changed their file format. They created an upgrade script, but it was very buggy. Microsoft had a convertor that worked better. So the people all bought Word, and ever since have stayed with MS.[/ot]
man microsoft are just taking over everything, there plans are to incorperate the msnbot search thingy into there new operating system which plp recon will hit google off the top spot. soon there'll be making tv sets
Soon our whole world will be called Microsoft!!!
My Website: DennisTT.Net
My Forums: DennisTT.Net Forums
Proudly powered by phpBB2
aer0

Post by aer0 »

Southwalesmusic wrote: man microsoft are just taking over everything, there plans are to incorperate the msnbot search thingy into there new operating system which plp recon will hit google off the top spot. soon there'll be making tv sets
Bloody hell i hope not :(

Imagine having a TV set that Blue Screened once a week, needed regular service packs to keep it running and like to have a kick when it didnt respond to anything else...........
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Sounds much like my TV at present :(