google sessions?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Tomba

google sessions?

Post by Tomba »

howdy all,

what I was thinking about... 2.0.x had some trouble of allowing searchengines to look through all forums, with a lot of codechanges submitted by some modders... although, until now I have not managed to get it working.

Will this still be the case for 2.2 or will searchengines be able to look through forums ? (in this case, it's especially google which has most trouble)

Roberdin

Re: google sessions?

Post by Roberdin »

Tomba wrote:howdy all,

what I was thinking about... 2.0.x had some trouble of allowing searchengines to look through all forums, with a lot of codechanges submitted by some modders... although, until now I have not managed to get it working.

Will this still be the case for 2.2 or will searchengines be able to look through forums ? (in this case, it's especially google which has most trouble)
Google is one of the few search engines that indexes pages with GET data in the URL. (ie the viewtopic.php?t=674&574764239ruei8uf89043).

dhn

Re: google sessions?

Post by dhn »

Here you'll find an older topic about this issue.