Karma Level

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
psoTFX

Re: Karma Level

Post by psoTFX »

I think -5 to +5 is perfectly okay and no worse than -10 to +10 or 0 to 5 or 0 to 10 or -100 to +100 ... they are all much of a muchness ... hence why the alt text is a word or phrase rather than an actual value.

Suspiria

Post by Suspiria »

The value isn't important but my point was that sinse you are operating (at least now) with a red to green scale, people will understand the red scale as BAD. I just want to se the green rating (the good one).

All users start at 0 (or any number) and work their way up. But if they posting rubbish they wil go down again, but not longer down then 0 (where they started).

I'm not that good in english so I hope you understood me now :)
SUSPIRIA

dhn

Post by dhn »

Suspiria wrote:The value isn't important but my point was that sinse you are operating (at least now) with a red to green scale, people will understand the red scale as BAD. I just want to se the green rating (the good one).
You could just exchange the images for the final version, that's the beauty of it. Problem would be for me that somone with 2 points on the green scale still seems like somone who earned it, but I guess with the contrast to users or even newcomers who start with 5 points, it should be noticeable.

Nice idea.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

I understand what you're saying ... I just don't see an issue with -ve numbering and don't at this stage plan on changing it. Besides as I've already noted a few times, each level is assigned a descriptive phrase or word rather than a simple digit. As dhn notes, if you don't like the red it'll be a simple thing to change it.

diluculum

Post by diluculum »

I think this thread looks broken o.o
broken tables maybe :|

is it possible to change a moderator's karma-level?
This is a signature.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Yes, if u have permission. But it takes quite a few votes to affect a karma.
Rob

jack@feds201

Post by jack@feds201 »

suggestion for the karma rateing.

When you rate the post (click the good/bad) and then it redirects you back to the topic, have the url have the #post_id on at the end so that instead of taking you back to teh top of the page, your browser takes it down to the post you rated.

I'm guessing you guys either:

a)Allready have it on a list somewhere, but just haven't taked the time to add such a small item to something that changes every day.

b)Actually had this in place, but in the zillion changes you've made to the code, it got lost

c)are going to yell at me because it's allready been suggested like a 100 times and are going to call it a templateing issue or something :)

oh well.. my $.02

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

or, d) are gonna tell you that the Rule "Don't post feature requests" that is ntoed in the forum description, on the area51 homepage, and in numerous topics, still aplies to you.

:P

Actually, seeing as it wasn't so much of a feature request as a feature implementation query they might let it slide. ;)

What would be useful under the rated post would be something like...
[ You rated this post Good. Change rating to Neural | Bad ]
What do u think?
Rob

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

I think this has been noted and answered before.

dominionspy

Post by dominionspy »

Roberdin wrote:What would be useful under the rated post would be something like...
[ You rated this post Good. Change rating to Neural | Bad ]
What do u think?
Yeah - good.

Except for the fact that I wouldn't want to be rated as something to do with brains (neural). I'd much rather be rated neutral. :lol:
If you read this signature, you will die.