Little suggestion

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Red Shadow

Little suggestion

Post by Red Shadow »

Maybe you can make something to improve scrolling through different pages. When you for example have 264 pages in the memberlist (like this forum), it's very difficult to reach page 100 for example. The same think happens in threads with a lot of pages. I think the problem is not that big in threads because they will never consist of som many posts ( surely not on my forum). Outher people encounter this discomfort??? Besides this nice job!!!!! :D :D

grt,

Lieven
haravikk

Re: Little suggestion

Post by haravikk »

I agree with this actually. There are a few possible solutions:

1. A drop-down list of all the pages - this is compact and contains the lot, personally I don't like them but they do work. To cut down on page size you simply have a bit of java script which contains the URL of the thread, then tags on the number you select and goes

2. Have a "page" panel. Clicking this opens a small window which has a number of links, they basically seperate a topic into tens of pages (or larger numbers if the topic requires it). Clicking one of these splits it down. So if a topic reached a wild number of 10,000 pages (wtf the ultimate of spam threads mb?). Then you'd click for 2000, then for 400, then for 80, then 16 from which you can select the precise page.

Number 1 is probably the easiest to use, impliment and generally best all round. I'm sure there was something else I've seen done but I can't recall it at the moment
Images in sigs! please.
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Both ideas may make interesting mods.
Lugie

Post by Lugie »

2. Have a "page" panel. Clicking this opens a small window which has a number of links, they basically seperate a topic into tens of pages (or larger numbers if the topic requires it). Clicking one of these splits it down. So if a topic reached a wild number of 10,000 pages (wtf the ultimate of spam threads mb?). Then you'd click for 2000, then for 400, then for 80, then 16 from which you can select the precise page.
I like this way. Should be an easy mod to implement...
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...