Question about handling bbcode in phpbb 2.2

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
dhn

Re: Question about handling bbcode in phpbb 2.2

Post by dhn »

moved into New Features Discussion :D
SHS`

Post by SHS` »

IMO, they should stay templateable.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way
Twisted Moogle

Post by Twisted Moogle »

Im not saying that it shouldnt have a tpl file. Im just saying that you could make the bbcode.tpl a global template.

And i realy dont want to open a new can of worms or get off topic (this is in the same line of thinking) but what about the thought of a global template.

Elements that are the same throughout all themes such as items that are used by phpbb and have to be in a template a certain way (for example all of the selection fields, textboxs, text areas, radio buttons... ect. you get the idea)

I think the result of this would be that it would be easier to MOD phpBB. Because Mods could act Indipendant of a forums theme. Mods only have to be installed once to the global template and not repeditively to all templates on the board.

I know youre thinking im Insane. but i think this would be a great way to do it.
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Yes, you're getting off topic ;) Now please, what is being asked here is the following:

1) Should all or some bbcodes be templatable?
2) If only some should be templatable, which ones?

Nothing else in this topic please.
TheMole

Post by TheMole »

Maybe having them default as global but be able to have some "overridden" (whichevers you may choose) in the template?

Although, I've personally got no problem with the way they are handled currently.
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke