Hack attempts

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
bradjo

Hack attempts

Post by bradjo »

Hey guys;
I'm not sure where to post this so if this is the wrong place please move or delete and let me know. Anyway I've been getting a large number of this in my logs:

Thu Sep 06 14:03:31 2012] [error] [client from russia] File does not exist: /path to phpbb/index.php+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Result:+this+IP+is+banned+-+changing+proxy+1+one;+using+proxy+XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:81;+no+post+sending+forms+are+found;,

I'm on the most current version but this is worrying me. What is he best way to handle this?
Thank you,
Jo

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Re: Hack attempts

Post by Noxwizard »

That's just a spambot, it's nothing to worry about.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

bradjo wrote:I'm not sure where to post this so if this is the wrong place please move or delete and let me know.
This is the phpBB Development board. You want the phpBB Support Board next time.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

bradjo

Post by bradjo »

Noxwizard, thank you for that.

Pony99CA thank you.