phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 2 published

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Dragosvr92

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 2 published

Post by Dragosvr92 »

So there will be an 3.0.12. Will there be a next version after that ?
Do you have an idea about when will 3.0 end ? I guess i am not on topic with these questions, but it would be nice if somebody could answer :)
Previous user: TheKiller

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

TheKiller wrote:So there will be an 3.0.12. Will there be a next version after that ?
Do you have an idea about when will 3.0 end ? I guess i am not on topic with these questions, but it would be nice if somebody could answer :)
Bantu never said there would be a 3.0.12 yet, what he is saying is that this bug wont be fixed in 3.0.11, but it will be fixed in 3.0.12 if there is one, or 3.1.x if there is not.

You can ask questions such as these as much as you like, but the answer is we don't know if there will be a 3.0.12. The release manager will continually review the state of how much has been done since the last maintenance release, when it seems like there is a justifiable amount of changes, he will decide to have a release.

It is not yet decided if we should have 3.0.x releases after 3.1.0 but that may happen, it may not.

There is no point asking because the simple answer is we don't know. The best thing you can do is keep an eye on github, #phpbb-dev on IRC and this forum and you will find out.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

nextgen

Post by nextgen »

TheKiller wrote:So there will be an 3.0.12. Will there be a next version after that ?
Here you can check future versions.

http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3

This is not yet finished. :lol:
*Imagine a signature super spectacular.*

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Unknown Bliss wrote: Bantu never said there would be a 3.0.12 yet, what he is saying is that this bug wont be fixed in 3.0.11, but it will be fixed in 3.0.12 if there is one, or 3.1.x if there is not.

You can ask questions such as these as much as you like, but the answer is we don't know if there will be a 3.0.12. The release manager will continually review the state of how much has been done since the last maintenance release, when it seems like there is a justifiable amount of changes, he will decide to have a release.

It is not yet decided if we should have 3.0.x releases after 3.1.0 but that may happen, it may not.

There is no point asking because the simple answer is we don't know. The best thing you can do is keep an eye on github, #phpbb-dev on IRC and this forum and you will find out.
I think he did: "On the other side, we might just want to fix the underlying bug for 3.0.12."
3.0.12 was already announced http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3/ ... sion/10171

I was asking if there are any further-known plans for a next version.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

It would be nice if somebody could answer, I agree. However, nobody can answer. That's not because we're restricted by an internal rule but because we simply do not know.

We will continue to release new versions as needed. No one on or off the team knows how many releases that will be. When 3.1 is stable and the majority of users have performed the switch to 3.1, we will likely set a date to put the 3.0 (Olympus) branch to rest (EOL; end of life) and stop releasing new maintenance versions for it, just as was done for phpBB 2.0.

Until then, you are welcome to keep an eye on development here, at the tracker, and on github.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

TheKiller wrote:I think he did: "On the other side, we might just want to fix the underlying bug for 3.0.12."
3.0.12 was already announced http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3/ ... sion/10171

I was asking if there are any further-known plans for a next version.
Nope, just because versions are added to the tracker it does not mean there will be a 3.0.12. All that does is decide which branch the fix get merged into and olympus fixes are merged into ascraeus straight away.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

I am having troubles again.

Earlier it was okay, but now it says the following:

Current version
3.0.11-RC2

Latest version
PHPBB_QA is enabled.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Non-RC > RC so if it's telling you you're on an outdated version then the message is correct.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

AFAIK RC2 is identical to 3.0.11 in terms of file changes (i.e. there are no changes), so to update I think you just need to run the db_update.php script.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

imkingdavid wrote:AFAIK RC2 is identical to 3.0.11 in terms of file changes (i.e. there are no changes), so to update I think you just need to run the db_update.php script.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43185&start=10#p243009
I have done so back then, and everything was fine, till yesterday.