Autoselect the textarea to write in

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Lucas Malor

Re: Autoselect the textarea to write in

Post by Lucas Malor »

Because, as I said before, if the input as autofocus too the placeholder is not showed at all.
And please, no more options... :-P

PS: IE8 as a share of 8% and it is decreasing:
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Lucas Malor wrote:PS: IE8 as a share of 8% and it is decreasing:
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp
8% is a *huge* number of people. Also, w3schools doesn't accurately represent the majority.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

This may be obvious, but nobody has mentioned it yet. You shouldn't lump New Topic and Post Reply together. For New Topic, the cursor should be in the Subject field; for Post Reply, it should (probably) be in the main text area (most people don't seem to change the Subject). Plus, if you hit Quote, it should probably be after the quoted text, not at the start of the main text box.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Pony99CA wrote:This may be obvious, but nobody has mentioned it yet. You shouldn't lump New Topic and Post Reply together. For New Topic, the cursor should be in the Subject field; for Post Reply, it should (probably) be in the main text area (most people don't seem to change the Subject). Plus, if you hit Quote, it should probably be after the quoted text, not at the start of the main text box.

Steve
Yes..
Previous user: TheKiller

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Pony99CA wrote:This may be obvious
No, never thought of that one. But I 1+ all suggestions. Especially the last one would prevent TOFUing.