phpBB 3.0.9 Release Candidate 1 published

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
naderman
Consultant

phpBB 3.0.9 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by naderman »

Greetings community!

We are happy to announce the availability of the first release candidate of phpBB 3.0.9 aimed at experienced users in an effort to increase the quality of final releases.

Please scrutinise this release in-depth and report issues to the bug tracker. Critical bugs halting the board's operation should be reported immediately. Feel free to contact developers directly about such problems.

We recommend that international support sites update their sites to RC1 too. We are able to provide direct support to them within our international support sites forums.

Tagging/Reviewing fixes

On our tracker QA team members can mark bug fixes as verified. Use the "Verify Solution" button from the button set at the top of the ticket. Of course prior to clicking you should have properly checked whether the bug was really fixed. Comment on the respective bug if you find problems so the fix can be corrected.

You can find a list of unverified fixes at http://tracker.phpbb.com/secure/IssueNa ... stId=10200

Language Packs and Styles

We already gave out instructions to language pack authors to let them update their language packs in a timely manner. The changes are provided with the code changes package (see downloads section below). Style authors should also download the code changes package and adjust their styles accordingly. Please post within our Styles forums if you have questions or encounter problems.

New features, changes, bug fixes

phpBB 3.0.9 is a maintenance release fixing a number of bugs as well as adding some minor new features. It contains two new caching backends: WinCache for Windows servers and a Redis backend. The number of login attempts without having to solve an anti-spambot task can now be limited by IP. Username and password fields are no longer incorrectly autocompleted in the ACP.

The full changelog is available at http://tracker.phpbb.com/secure/Release ... ctId=10010 or in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the package which includes previous releases.

Available packages

If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" or "patch" method for updating.
  • Full Package:
    Full phpBB 3 source code and english language files.
  • Automatic Update Package:
    Update package for the automatic updater, contains changes from previous release to this release.
  • Changed Files Only:
    Complete files, but only those that were changed since previous releases of phpBB 3. This archive contains changed files for every previous release.
  • Patch Files:
    This file contains diffs against the previous phpBB 3 release, which can be applied with the patch utility.
  • Code Changes Package:
    This package contains MOD instructions for changes to the following sections: Language changes, prosilver style changes and subsilver2 style changes.
Select the package most suitable for you. We recommend the following methods depending on your situation:
  • For new installations you should use the Full Package
  • For updates of boards without modifications you can use the Automatic Update Package (guided update) or the Changed Files Only package (manual update).
  • For updates of boards with modifications you should use the Automatic Update Package. If you are confident with patch files and patching you can use the Patch Files Package.
  • Style Authors and Translators may use the Code Changes Package to update their styles or language packs.
  • International Support Teams may use the Patch Package in conjunction with the Code Changes to better support users with problematic conflicts during their update process or to help them update code sections.
  • If you are a hoster/provider, you may want to use the Patch Files Package to update all of your client installations.
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation, updates or conversions!

Download Locations

The download is of course available on our downloads page.
Our release archive provides all packages we build. If you do not find your desired package you can probably find it in the release archive.

These are the files with their md5 sums:

phpBB-3.0.9-RC1.zip
md5sum: 945cc22fc3f8c5ccd8d62b17cb2a103a
phpBB-3.0.9-RC1.webpi.zip
md5sum: 6c4e261042940a4502eb91185c43d701
phpBB-3.0.9-RC1.tar.bz2
md5sum: d668fd7c57005ca84e0d9bd5e049d527
phpBB-3.0.9-RC1-patch.zip
md5sum: 7af378eab11c6a156b2414bbb7863b11
phpBB-3.0.9-RC1-patch.tar.bz2
md5sum: 8877b979d9753d000a10dd05e1f1a62c
phpBB-3.0.9-RC1-files.zip
md5sum: b7915b3e6eaf5c49dc2b6524174462c8
phpBB-3.0.9-RC1-files.tar.bz2
md5sum: b45e1e39a2ff3c4ff06c0b31a0a6c7b0
phpBB-3.0.8_to_3.0.9-RC1.zip
md5sum: 21f1a4be777c595499bc62c4c01ed19a
phpBB-3.0.8_to_3.0.9-RC1.tar.bz2
md5sum: 20ba42ada69793917617a4e470aa3da2
phpBB-3.0.8_to_3.0.9-RC1-codechanges.zip
md5sum: 3f6437a8be5e9c15537c70a0e11cb4b6
phpBB-3.0.8_to_3.0.9-RC1-codechanges.tar.bz2
md5sum: 91ebaddd6277a20ffd4bf2a0fbd05198

*IMPORTANT*

To correctly perform an update, do not forget to re-enable the PHPBB_QA constant in your includes/constants.php file. Otherwise you are not prompted for an update in the ACP and the automatic update will eventually fail. :)

Download & Documentation

Thank you for testing the new release,
the phpBB Team

Meis2M

Re: phpBB 3.0.9 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by Meis2M »

thank u and Congratulations :D

Ishimaru Chiaki

Post by Ishimaru Chiaki »

I download the codechanges right away ! :)
phpBB Style author : My phpBB3 styles

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

ah nice thanks just did a test install along with stargate portal(few changes for it nothing major)

Sierron

Post by Sierron »

Nice, nice. Downloaded it today after I saw it for two days. I'm going to test this now.

Ishimaru Chiaki

I'm currently updating my styles (all Prosilver-based), but I found this :

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Around Line 308
.signature a, .signature a:visited, .signature a:active, .signature a:hover {
	background-color: transparent;
}

/* Profile links */
.postprofile a:link, .postprofile a:active, .postprofile a:visited, .postprofile dt.author a {
	color: #105289;
}

.postprofile a:hover, .postprofile dt.author a:hover {
	color: #D31141;

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
.signature a, .signature a:visited, .signature a:hover, .signature a:active {
	background-color: transparent;
}

/* Profile links */
.postprofile a:link, .postprofile a:visited, .postprofile dt.author a {
}

.postprofile a:hover, .postprofile dt.author a:hover {
	color: #D31141;
}

.postprofile a:active {
Wouldn't it have been better to split this, for we style authors heavily modify the colours.css file and so, I cannot copy-paste the indicated block without losing my modifications. I have to change it manually.

I hope that this will be taken into account for the nexe update.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

You probably need to make these changes to your style manually. Please see: http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-9166

Ishimaru Chiaki

I did it without using the page.

Now I finished updating my styles, but I just hope that the stable version will be released before or after my 2-weeks vacation that I'll spend at my fifth wheel trailer for the whole second half of July. I won't have the net (Mom doesn't want any computer in our FW).