PhpBB 3.0 cookie management

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
jmpoure

PhpBB 3.0 cookie management

Post by jmpoure »

Dear all,

I am a real PhpBB 3.0 fan and I have to report a serious issue with sessions / cookie management.

Phpbb 3.0 has been running fine during three months.

Suddently users complained that PhpBB was frequently disconnecting.
Then I modified cookie name and path in PhpBB admin panel.

I seached cookies on the server and was not able to find server-side cookies.
Users wrote me that normal users had access to the admin panel.

Okay I disconnecter the board.
Now how can I make sure that all cookies/sessions have expired?
How can I clean a PhpBB installation when changing cookie information.
Also, I read : http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=18025
Did it cause the bug?

This is issue :
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=23045

Now what should I do?
Install PhpBB 3.0 svn?

kind regards,
Jean-Michel

Prince of area51

Re: PhpBB 3.0 cookie management

Post by Prince of area51 »

Its not the perfect place to ask because this forum is for the development purposes. You will get more support if you ask in 3.0.x Support Forum.

I also do not think you should run the SVN version of phpBB because that code might have some other bugs as that code is work in progress. What I've done is gone through the commit and found the change that fixed the problem. Apply this small edit and hopefully it should solve your problem (if it was related to that bug). If it still doesn't work you would ask your webhost whether they made any updates to your webhosting account.

OPEN:

Code: Select all

/includes/session.php
FIND:

header('Set-Cookie: ' . $name_data . (($cookietime) ? '; expires=' . $expire : '') . '; path=' . $config['cookie_path'] . $domain . ((!$config['cookie_secure']) ? '' : '; secure') . '; HttpOnly', false);
REPLACE WITH:

header('Set-Cookie: ' . $name_data . '; expires=' . $expire . '; path=' . $config['cookie_path'] . $domain . ((!$config['cookie_secure']) ? '' : '; secure') . '; HttpOnly', false);
Hope this helps.

jmpoure

Re: PhpBB 3.0 cookie management

Post by jmpoure »

Thanks. I already have this value in code. Are you sure this is an SVN fix?