Seperate Sticky and Announcements

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Swader

Seperate Sticky and Announcements

Post by Swader »

Hey all,

I just tried out RC5 and was surprised to see that Sticky topics still are not displayed seperately.

So.. Is the feature going to be implemented or is it already there and I missed it?

Thanks.

karlsemple

Re: Seperate Sticky and Announcements

Post by karlsemple »

Sticky topics are just normal topics which are fixed at the top of the forum, thus they are not considered special like announcements so they will not be separated, AFAIK this is not going to change so you will need to find a mod to alter this behaviour. There is one in development here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... lit=sticky

Swader

Post by Swader »

Thanks for reply and agree with you.

Only thing which bugged me was.. it was tough spotting out Sticky topics.. so. thought it would be better to have them differently.

Anyways.. mod will do to :)

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

IMO, the real problem is that proSilver and subSilver do not highlight sticky topics enough, because they don't have the "Sticky: " text before the topic title we had in phpBB 2. I know it was ugly, but it was useful and maybe should be restored.

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

Black Antitoon wrote:IMO, the real problem is that proSilver and subSilver do not highlight sticky topics enough, because they don't have the "Sticky: " text before the topic title we had in phpBB 2. I know it was ugly, but it was useful and maybe should be restored.
The thing is people assume sticky topics are important and should be highlighted, that however is what Announcements are for, sticky topics are just normal topics which are cemented to the top of the the normal topics to stop them dropping out of sight.

Swader

Post by Swader »

I agree Karl, but frankly.. I really use Stiky more than announcements.. since.. announcements.. i only use when I make a new rule or something like that.

When users of my forum post something interesting and if I wanna encourage.. I sticky that topic.. which gives the boost to post more.. and it only helps if they stand out :)

Anyways... Its oke if its not an inbuilt feature.. Modifications helps :)