Private Messaging Problem?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SUFanatic

Private Messaging Problem?

Post by SUFanatic »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my installation or a setting in the ACP. The forum works great on my server except for one thing that has me puzzled. Whenever I send a PM and its moved to my outbox, I go and click on the message and it says "The requested topic does not exist." Same thing if i click on a message in the Sent Folder. I did a full install of RC4...thats when i noticed the problem. Just upgraded to RC5 and same problem still exists.

Is this something that is wrong on my end or is this a bug?

I didn't want to post as a bug without checking here first for anyone having any similar problems.

SamG

Re: Private Messaging Problem?

Post by SamG »

SUFanatic wrote:Is this something that is wrong on my end or is this a bug?
I can't answer either of those questions, but I can say that I haven't had any similar problems across two test installations.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Nor have I.
There must be something messed up in your database, but it's difficult to tell why. Maybe a MOD, a modification you made, or an operation you performed on the database, or something else - something caused an inconsistency somewhere.

PS: I don't know if a partial query can cause messy behavior. If that's the case though, it should be quite a common problem I think.

Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Hmm, this is something I'll have to try and recreate, but from your description, it looks like it isn't creating the personal message, and thus presenting you with an error.
A possible query glitch, by the sounds of it.

- Poomie