Olympus security

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
the_dan

Re:

Post by the_dan »

Pace wrote:The coolest thing is that there are "no tickets to display" :P
(that said, I guess the security tracker was only created when the website was updated, so not many would know about it…)
I would guess that tickets are not displayed to non-team members, for reasons I'm sure you can imagine ;)

karlsemple

Re:

Post by karlsemple »

Pace wrote:
karlsemple wrote:how are we supposed to look into security issues if users will not report them :roll:
The coolest thing is that there are "no tickets to display" :P
(that said, I guess the security tracker was only created when the website was updated, so not many would know about it…)

you will not see other peoples reports ;) security reports may contain info such as users login details for their board or database backups etc... hence they are not public.

user99

Re: Olympus security

Post by user99 »

i could now post little bit more details, about how my site was hacked.

i run following sites under same server hosing

//domain1.com/...phpBB3-beta goes here
//domain2.com/...some joomla software.

Apparently, //domain2.com/joomla was hacked due to some "vulnerabilities". This was the first hack.

After some days, //domain1.com/phpbb was hacked. (Basically some text introduced in index.php "Hacked by .." + who knows what inside code )

Since phpbb3 install defines its folder permissions etc., is it accepted that it can be hacked, if other "directory/site" is hacked?

espenhh

Re: Olympus security

Post by espenhh »

Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????