Suspecting RC2 Very Soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Stallyon

Re: Suspecting RC2 Very Soon...

Post by Stallyon »

I think RC2 will be in August some time. I think phpBB group would rather hold off a release for as long as possible and get all the bugs they can, rather than releasing RC2 quickly with embarassing bugs in it like ... say ... IP$ did with their latest. :lol:

P.S. Not "board bashing", just stating facts (I infact use IP$ for one of my forums).

ErikZ

Post by ErikZ »

So, I don't get it.

The CVS's have had bugs crushed. But if I install the CVS I won't be able to upgrade to RC2?

Stallyon

Post by Stallyon »

CVS is "bleeding edge", so of course it's not going to be supported for upgrades. :roll: Things are still changing in CVS.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Naturally you can update from a CVS to RC2 when RC2 is here. You just have to do it manually.

ErikZ

Post by ErikZ »

Do it manually?

You mean, do it manually if the automatic method doesn't work, right? Because the CVS version should have all the same functions and features as RC1 right now.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

The automatic update packkage wont work for you in the comming RC2, if there has been database changes between the CVS you are using/intend to use and RC1. Those database changes between that particular CVS and RC2 will have to be done manually.

ErikZ

Post by ErikZ »

Although it's possible for the database to change from bug fixes. Isn't that beta level work? I would say that it's extremely unlikely to happen with bug fixing, but not impossible.

I haven't been keeping an eye on the bug fixes though. Has anyone seen any database changes yet?

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

It makes no sense discussing likely or not. You don't have to look at the bugs, but at the changes in database schema files in CVS. Last change was after release of RC1.

Obi_Wan

Post by Obi_Wan »

Hm. Somehow I'm suspecting RC2 today or tomorrow... But who knows
! INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.RC2-dev');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_expire_days', '90');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_gc', '14400');
--- 206,210 ----
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_icons_path', 'images/upload_icons');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_path', 'files');
! INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.RC2')
May /dev/null be with you!

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Code: Select all

RCS file: /cvsroot/phpbb/phpBB2/install/schemas/schema_data.sql,v
    retrieving revision 1.243
    retrieving revision 1.244
    diff -C2 -d -r1.243 -r1.244
    *** schema_data.sql   11 Jun 2007 13:54:38 -0000   1.243
    --- schema_data.sql   24 Jun 2007 16:37:50 -0000   1.244
    *** 206,210 ****
      INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_icons_path', 'images/upload_icons');
      INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_path', 'files');
    ! INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.RC2-dev');
      INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_expire_days', '90');
      INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_gc', '14400');
    --- 206,210 ----
    ! INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.RC2');
DOH beaten too it.