Are you going to use RC1 in a live environment?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DarsVaeda

Re: Are you going to use RC1 in a live environment?

Post by DarsVaeda »

running since some beta and keeping up with cvs.
updating tonight, but a clean install.
not too much posts and users yet ;)
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

CardsFanInChiTown wrote:Would everyone recommend to use it live if I'm not very familiar with php or ccs? What is "team phpbb" expectations from us?

The RC1 is fully supported and that means in theory it is fine to run live, although it is worth noting there is still a chance there may be some bugs, at the end of the day it is down to whether you feel comfortable running software which is not yet 100% stable.

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

This version is supported. Use it live if you want to. I'm going to put it up on my test site first becouse of some mods I want to install, but it will be live by next weekend.

Arm@nd

Post by Arm@nd »

I use it live since RC1 is out. I don't think all my users think it's easy to get used to it. I hope the Shoutbox mod will be released soon !

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

I'll use it live as soon as the language pack is available (I hope soon)

DBM

Post by DBM »

I would have done but my main board is geared largely on an annual event that is just a few weeks away. I think it would cause too much upheaval and confusion for board users at this late stage. Maybe if phpbb3 had been out a few months earlier... :(

But I've installed RC1 for a brand new board I'm creating for another project. It's installed beautifully and the team have done a magnificent job. Well done Acyd Burn and the team, not forgetting Bertie of course! ;)

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone »

Yes I m going to use it in a Live environment..... I have been waiting a long time for this.... I already have a live board with a few members but wont be converting that one directly now.... I ll install this one separately and see how it works.... Then do a test conversion of my old live board there and if everything goes on fine I guess I ll replace my phpBB 2 board with this one.... :D

Also got to apply a lot of MODS to this so that I impart atleast half of the features i had in my old board ;-)

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

My main forum will be 3 years old in September so I'm going to hang on till then with that one so it has a nice birthday revamp.

I've got a couple of other small ones that will change by the end of the week to RC1 and another that will wait until morpheusX or something similar comes out as the users like that style.

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

I will be running live within a week on the school forum. Just the time to finish my self-made translation :mrgreen: and write a guide for moderators on how to moderate the new forum.

MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

I'm making a copy of my live site and upgrading the copy. Then I will let my users decide.

I currently use SubDreamer with forum integration and they will not support an RC forum, so if I go live with RC1 I can't have the integration with my forum and site. SO I will let my users decide, if they care.