Polling system not anymore anonymous

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
sotoda

Polling system not anymore anonymous

Post by sotoda »

I am wondering if, in the past, the vote were still anonymous for registered members

The issue was brought by some of my users, in testing environement, asking why they now see a small "x" next to their votes.

It means, in other hands that the polling system remember who voted for what. So, they are asking me if I could, as a database administrator, build up a query in reverse engineering, to know who voted for what.

From my understanding, in phpbb2, the poll system was:
Poll 1: user A and C voted, B and D have not voted.

In phpBB3 it seems to be
Poll 1: user A voted option aa, User C voted aa

Do you plan to move back to the old system or it was a debug feature, which is activated (I think) in my forums ?
Or, is there a plan to hide the small X so the users would be fooled and think their vote are still anynomous ?
Attachments
polling system.png
(8.71 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
code reader

Re: Polling system not anymore anonymous

Post by code reader »

having the system remember what was each member's vote enables the feature which allows members to change their vote. with the "old" system that was impossible.
i do not believe there is any intention of changing this.
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Furthermore, it doesn't make any sense to change this, but if you really must turn it off on your board, you can simply eliminate that column in the style templates.
Freelance

Post by Freelance »

I like that new feature, Now everyone can change his/her vote without screwing up the total count of the votes.
No one can vote twice
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Freelance wrote: I like that new feature, Now everyone can change his/her vote without screwing up the total count of the votes.
No one can vote twice

You can enable a user to select more than one option as well.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply