Better Spambot Protection in phpBB3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
ChrisRLG

Re: Better Spambot Protection in phpBB3?

Post by ChrisRLG »

One of the earlier beta versions had more controls on validation of those custom fields. (Think it was beta2)

It had numerical only & alpha only - etc - shame they were removed as it would have solved some of this.
Two custom fields - one set to having alpha only - second to numerical only - or reject.

Give a combination of 3 or 4 of those fields and you would have had a significant combination of anti-spambot features within the standard install.

Wernight

Post by Wernight »

Anyone knows why those functionalities got removed?

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

ChrisRLG wrote: One of the earlier beta versions had more controls on validation of those custom fields. (Think it was beta2)

It had numerical only & alpha only - etc - shame they were removed as it would have solved some of this.

They still have that functionality on textareas.

ChrisRLG

Post by ChrisRLG »

Yes but removed some controls that it had in place for some types.

EG with alpha fields you cannot exclude numbers - alphanumeric or numbers you can have - but not just alpha.
I believe I was able to do that on the previous beta.