Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
matthewf

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by matthewf »

if people stop submitting nickpicks and typos and other very minor bugs then yes it could be today, but like before and before before that, we were so close then no, at the rate things are going Im not sure anymore, even though it would be nice to see RC1 NOW!!!! but maybe not, :( :( :(

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

pls calm down a bit, it will be realeased, when the dev's think, its ready for release.

they gave no date for release, so there is no delay.

i also want it today, but if it's not today, then it will be later and will have to wait a little more...

just my 2 cents ;)

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Myhre,
Well, many national phpBB communities are running a special pre-RC1 version, and saying that RC1 will come soon.
Where did you get the last part?

Myhre

Post by Myhre »

John Hjorth wrote:Myhre,
Well, many national phpBB communities are running a special pre-RC1 version, and saying that RC1 will come soon.
Where did you get the last part?
The people @ phpbb.no said that it's close. Very close, although they didn't want to give a date.
I may not speak perfectly English, but don't bother. It's not my mother tongue :)

espenhh

Post by espenhh »

Myhre wrote:The people @ phpbb.no said that it's close. Very close, although they didn't want to give a date.
Please remember that none of the international supportsites are affiliated by phpbb.com in any way, so official statements come from phpbb.com, no one else! This post contains the latest official information. We have been running unsupported versions (CVS) for three years now, the only difference is that we now use it for our main forum. So please don't take my words for anything more than they are, even psotfx said that 2.2 was near when 2.0.5 was released. ;) (hopefully we are closer now :P )
Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

after dhn announcement i dont think no realease today or tomorow

madtay

Post by madtay »

ac_roma wrote:after dhn announcement i dont think no realease today or tomorow
Care to elaborate a little ? ;)

(btw.. i would not expect a release on monday anyway. Based on previous releases if it isnt today it will be next saturday or sunday at the earliest, in my opinion)

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

espenhh wrote:even psotfx said that 2.2 was near when 2.0.5 was released[/url]. ;) (hopefully we are closer now :P )
*looooool*

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Update of /cvsroot/phpbb/phpBB2/install/schemas
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv23176/schemas

Modified Files:
schema_data.sql
Log Message:
dumdidum

Index: schema_data.sql
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/phpbb/phpBB2/install/schemas/schema_data.sql,v
retrieving revision 1.237
retrieving revision 1.238
diff -C2 -d -r1.237 -r1.238
*** schema_data.sql 19 May 2007 23:32:13 -0000 1.237
--- schema_data.sql 20 May 2007 14:59:17 -0000 1.238
*** 205,209 ****
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_icons_path', 'images/upload_icons');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_path', 'files');
! INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.B6-dev');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_expire_days', '90');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_gc', '14400');
--- 205,209 ----
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_icons_path', 'images/upload_icons');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('upload_path', 'files');
! INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.RC1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_expire_days', '90');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_gc', '14400');
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

interlog

Post by interlog »

Just about to post the same.....

Modified Files:
schema_data.sql
Log Message:
dumdidum