So am I right ? there is no portal or cms system coming?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
cyberCrank

Re: So am I right ? there is no portal or cms system coming?

Post by cyberCrank »

I'd prefer the car, but want mine sporty red and with a kitchen sink :)

** actually would like to see a formal portal or significant thought put into the next version of phpBB to facilitate portal integration **

brosta

Post by brosta »

think we could get the coffee machine and beer tap? The car isn't feature frozen yet is it?

phpbb3 would have the whole if they also made a portal.

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

It has been stated many times that the phpBB group for the foreseeable future will not create a web portal or CMS for phpBB. However I would be nice for them to official validate and or back a few of them. There validation could be as simple as NO Modifications to the existing phpBB database and limited template modifications.

theexcogitator

Post by theexcogitator »

There validation could be as simple as NO Modifications to the existing phpBB database and limited template modifications.

What? jeez, I am surprised at how many people on this forum have no idea about structuring sentences so that they can be understood. There? = their? Not to criticize, but the developers are pretty much pro bono. Asking of them these trivial, yet time consuming things is rather absurd. If what you meant from the above post is, you want a check that states whether or not database modifications have been made... Are you kidding. If you don't know whether the program you are installing on a website is modifying the database, you shouldn't be allowed get near an administrative sign on in any decent site - not even close.

Now, this isn't to say that the main project will not go towards integration with a cms, but to ask for a trivial validation that you should be able to do easily yourself. Eh.

Good luck destroying sites.

------------
Sig = Buy my new book.. Make people angry in just one step!

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

phpbb is a forum and not a portal or not a cms as well in perpetude. This is a mod for you to have to install in a seperate fashion and then it will work just fine thanks.
Last edited by Techie-Micheal on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam