which path?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Gumfuzi

which path?

Post by Gumfuzi »

hi,

short question:
if I want to test the updater via FTP, if have to put all the login details into the update-script-promting.
which path do i need to put into the filed:
only /phpBB/ oder the whole relative path?

thanks for you help!

*edit*
i have the board installed in "phpBB"
fill in - result:
"/phpBB/" - The phpBB path entered seems to be not valid.
"/phpBBa/" - Unable to change directory -> this dir dont exist!
"/phpBB" - The phpBB path entered seems to be not valid.
"phpBBa" - Unable to change directory

this "Unable to change directory" means, that the dir exists but the script can't change into another dir?
and the "The phpBB path entered seems to be not valid." means that the dir does not exist (before testing to change into another dir)?

Wert

Re: which path?

Post by Wert »

On my host, all web stuff (public) is under a directory called "public_html". So I had to enter something like "public_html/phpbb3" as the path. Then it worked well.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

i have tried now the full relative path (beginning with "/") and then I deleted the folder on the left side of the path, and so on.

none of them worked...

full path:
/www/htdocs/xxxxxx/phpBB/
("xxxx" ist normally the account no.)

Case

Post by Case »

A few of us were having this problem. Acyd posted a change to make in this thread http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=477350 which seemed to do the trick.

Its on the last page but you'll need the info from page 2 as well. :)

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

thank you, it worked now!!!!