a quick question

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
GoldenEyez

a quick question

Post by GoldenEyez »

You say that phpBB3 beta 3 should not be used in a live envireonment. But why are you guys using it here? Or what are you using here?

Slim Vision

Re: a quick question

Post by Slim Vision »

This is an older modified version. They do use it for testing minor things I believe but overall it's not identical to what you'd see in the current CVS.
Slim Vision

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

GoldenEyez wrote: You say that phpBB3 beta 3 should not be used in a live envireonment. But why are you guys using it here? Or what are you using here?

The live forum is here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/

Area51 is not a live forum... it's running developmental code because the developers can; since, shockingly; they are the ones coding it and thusly know the ins and outs of it.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

SHS` wrote: Area51 is not a live forum... it's running developmental code because the developers can; since, shockingly; they are the ones coding it and thusly know the ins and outs of it.

HAHA!! That was good. :D

Hey... is it my imagination, or did the font size decrease on area51 about 1point worth? :?

Wert

Post by Wert »

In other words, don't use beta software now and whine later about no official upgrade path and so on.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.