Beta 3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Freelance

Re: Beta 3?

Post by Freelance »

next version would be beta 4 IMO

The version in CVS has changed to B4-dev

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.B4-dev');
Anyways

Well done dev-Team !!!
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]

Dace

Post by Dace »

Modified Files:
schema_data.sql
Log Message:
after tagging we increase the version number to b4-dev to be able to properly go to b4 or rc1.

徐安平

Post by 徐安平 »

Chinese name ,not so bad :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Try and find the thread where someone "deduced" there'd be a beta 3 right after beta 2 was released, just by the version bump to b3-dev. It was fully explained then. It's just because they need to give it some value higher than b3.
徐安平 wrote: Chinese name ,not so bad :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eek... I'm sure this is lovely for Chines boards, but to me, running a western board, this is like a whole new range of bullshit (no offence intended, but I can absolutely not read these characters, nor can probably 99% of my users) names people could register with. I hope there are some good controls to limit the allowed characters on your board.

textilebbs

Post by textilebbs »

Eelke wrote:

Try and find the thread where someone "deduced" there'd be a beta 3 right after beta 2 was released, just by the version bump to b3-dev. It was fully explained then. It's just because they need to give it some value higher than b3.
徐安平 wrote: Chinese name ,not so bad :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eek... I'm sure this is lovely for Chines boards, but to me, running a western board, this is like a whole new range of bullshit (no offence intended, but I can absolutely not read these characters, nor can probably 99% of my users) names people could register with. I hope there are some good controls to limit the allowed characters on your board.

I'm running a BBS world wide.UTF-8 is important,although most of the user registered by English.They will send PM by their first language ,whom speak same laguage.

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

I have downloaded beta3 zip file yesterday and it can't be opened. Is it fixed or not?

I'll try it dl anyway.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

UTF-8 is important,although most of the user registered by English.

I didn't say UTF-8 is a bad thing, I'm just saying that I want a way to prevent users on my board to use any UTF-8 character they please for user names (which, in my view, has become a bigger issue with all these foreign characters opened up). Which might well already be in the product, for all I know. I wasn't complaining :)
WhiteWolfSix wrote: I have downloaded beta3 zip file and it can't be opened. Is it fixed or not?

I'll try it dl anyway.

There might be something wrong with your download.

DeatzoSeol

Post by DeatzoSeol »

I think the next version will not be RC1, but B4, for the Unicode bugs :mrgreen:
Anyway, keep up the good work :D ;)

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Contrary to going from RC to gold, bugs can be fixed when going from beta to RC. As long as there are no big issues, we could see RC1 next. But sure, beta4 is another possibility, obviously.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Eelke wrote: *blah blah Anglo-centric myopic words blah blah*

You do realise that limitation of allowed characters for user registration has been in the ACP preceding Beta3, indeed before Beta1 and has been in CVS at least around M1, which is oooooh... some 3 years old?
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way