Memberlist shows one page to much - Bug?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Memberlist shows one page to much - Bug?

Post by bantu »

Hi Folks

Maybe this is a bug.

Memberlist on Area51 shows one Page to much.

Actually, there are shown 2045 Pages.
If I click on the 2045th page I get the Message "No members found for this search criteria".

Is this a Bug? I already searched the Board.

nobody

dhn

Re: Memberlist shows one page to much - Bug?

Post by dhn »

area51 is mostly Beta 2 code. This works fine on my local copy of the latest CVS.

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

dhn wrote: area51 is mostly Beta 2 code. This works fine on my local copy of the latest CVS.

Oh, sorry

my fault.

I thought area51 is always the latest CVS.

Spiros-

Post by Spiros- »

nobodyxxl wrote: I thought area51 is always the latest CVS.

Of course not. It would be impossible to update the forum with every new CVS snapshot. They will update it again when BETA3 comes out .. :)

juul

Post by juul »

Spiros- wrote:
nobodyxxl wrote: I thought area51 is always the latest CVS.

Of course not. It would be impossible to update the forum with every new CVS snapshot. They will update it again when BETA3 comes out .. :)

How do they do that, whit a convertor just for them? And why does they gife that converter at the peoble her at area51?

RBH

Post by RBH »

It doesn't - AFAIK - matter if they accidentally nuke the posts and accounts on area51. It would matter if they handed out a tool that might do that to the general public.

dhn

Post by dhn »

It is not THAT difficult to get everything up to date. ;)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Indeed... I find it's usually a 10 minute job... especially if you have root (shell) access to your server.

The hardest part is the SQL updates, but the file updates are really very easy.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

RBH wrote: It doesn't - AFAIK - matter if they accidentally nuke the posts and accounts on area51. It would matter if they handed out a tool that might do that to the general public.

Only a few days ago I converted the posts of my blog to another system. I had to write the script myself, because there was no official conversion script. It worked, but that's all I can say for it. It's crude, errors are badly handled (basically only at points where things went wrong during my repeated runs - I was happy when I got my data converted), etc. In short, I wouldn't dare show it to anyone, I'd be ashamed :) And if I would release it to the general public, I'd be flooded with support requests because in whatever specific case it wouldn't work. It worked for me and that was all I cared about.

All I'm saying is, just because the team has a procedure to upgrade area 51, it doesn't mean that procedure is fit for release to the general public. Also, there may be different reasons to not supply a conversion tool, such as not wanting to introduce too many variables (if a problem occurs, is it because there is a bug in the board software itself, or because the conversion tool screwed up?)