Predicting Beta 3 release today!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
NeoThermic

Re: Predicting Beta 3 release today!

Post by NeoThermic »

code reader wrote: although formalistically correct, i think that neo, as one of the team, should know better than to suggest something he should know is complete nonesense.

Lets get the gender right first.

Next, I think you need to be a little less cirtical of the team, especially when such things are said in jest.

As for the predicted RC times, I expect RC stages to take way less than 3-4 months each.

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

LEW21

Post by LEW21 »

I think that time between RCs will not be longer than 2 weeks because devs will want to quickly fix all bugs. I think that first RC will be released at 1 January 2007, and final version will be released 1 February 2007.

Acyd Burn has deleted data from the newest version of file with converter, but he didn't delete older version from the CVS (I don't know if it is possible... but they somehow deleted name of super-secret-style from it).
phpBB3.pl - user-friendly Polish phpBB3 support

ICErX

Post by ICErX »

any update on the final release?
If man wrote it then man can rewrite it

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

ICErX wrote: any update on the final release?

After reading this topic, what do you think?

It'll be released when it is released. No date will be given. We won't know when the final version will come out until it does.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

ICErX

Post by ICErX »

yea thats what i am thinking :cry:
If man wrote it then man can rewrite it

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

WHHHAAAAAA. WHAAAAAA.

Sounds like a bunch of cry babies in here.

Khevor

Post by Khevor »

Personally, it doesn't much matter when things get to full release, RC, or B3. I've waited this long for any kind of release and I'll continue to wait. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the board even in Beta and learning quite a bit about it as I go. I really like the new features (and the updates to the old ones) and I personally think the team(s) have done a great job.

So, let them take their time. What's the rush?

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

Khevor wrote: Personally, it doesn't much matter when things get to full release, RC, or B3. I've waited this long for any kind of release and I'll continue to wait. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the board even in Beta and learning quite a bit about it as I go. I really like the new features (and the updates to the old ones) and I personally think the team(s) have done a great job.

So, let them take their time. What's the rush?

What's the rush? I know! I've really good forums and I use phpBB modified by Przemo because I need subforums and some mods. BUT this version is not really stable and my users wait for new thing on my site and headstone of new things is phpBB3. So if will be at least available new template so that I can modified it... :roll:

APTX

Post by APTX »

I wonder how hard it will be to upgrade from these very heavily modified phpBB versions...
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

gchriste

Post by gchriste »

APTX wrote: I wonder how hard it will be to upgrade from these very heavily modified phpBB versions...

Yeah! Apart from bringing the actual data across, I am starting afresh, no mods to start. Luckily lots of the little mods I had are in this version :)