Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
NNO-Stephen

Re: Bug is less,

Post by NNO-Stephen »

WhiteWolfSix wrote: Let's continue in English as other languages are probably not allowed to use here.

a good assumption ;)
Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

Even though SHS' squashed alot of bugs quickly, a bug is more still.

72 Open Tickets

New Bugs: 49
Reviewed Bugs: 13
Review Later: 4
Awaiting Infomation: 3
Pending: 0
Fix In Progress: 3
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

lol before when i looked it was only 40 some thing bugs now its back up to like 70 some thing in 6 hrs lolz
Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Yeah, the fact is not that the devs are not fixing bugs, is that there's a constant flow of new reports every day. If you look at the tracker, some 50 bugs (possibly more, don't know how many have been dealt with already) have been reported in the last week. I tend to think that having phpbb3 on phpbb.com + prosilver style pushed a lot more people to try it (live or not).
I'm curious about what will they do now. Seen how things are now, we may have RC delayed indefinitely. They'll have to draw a line at a certain point - the question is when.
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

Yeh good point Nicholas.

The positive thing we have to look at is these bugs are being well a truly squashed before we get our hands on the first RC, which can only be good for us.

My question is, if they were planning to release Prosilver when Olympus went gold, wouldn't they be having to sort all these bugs after the full release, which would mean we'd have to keep updating our forum software? That wouldn't have been good.

Also, I head someone on here mention an auto-updater...what is this?
In vino veritas
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

TimJBart wrote: Yeh good point Nicholas.

The positive thing we have to look at is these bugs are being well a truly squashed before we get our hands on the first RC, which can only be good for us.

My question is, if they were planning to release Prosilver when Olympus went gold, wouldn't they be having to sort all these bugs after the full release, which would mean we'd have to keep updating our forum software? That wouldn't have been good.

Also, I head someone on here mention an auto-updater...what is this?

an auto updater came with the Beta 4 and Beta 5… so it's supposed to work kinda like an SVN where it merges any file differences… of course it lets you see them first and decide if you want to merge them or just use the phpBB files.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

wow that sounds amazing. That'd be so useful. I found it frustrating updating when you had a lot of mods.

Bugs back up to 74 :( We need some more squashed.
In vino veritas
ndL

Post by ndL »

i think we all would be happy if dev crew announce that we could use current beta release in live enviroment! more new bugs would be found, even more would be fixed also!

i would like that someone pay attention to this. isnt this a great idea?
NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

ndL wrote: i think we all would be happy if dev crew announce that we could use current beta release in live enviroment! more new bugs would be found, even more would be fixed also!

i would like that someone pay attention to this. isnt this a great idea?

you know, of all the things, I don't think finding bugs is the problem right now ;)
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

TimJBart wrote: Bugs back up to 74 :( We need some more squashed.

Don't you know that this is a new phpbb game called 'From 60 to 80 bugs'? :D The question is: Who's the author of the game?
Bertiezilla
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)