Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
WhiteWolfSix

Re: Bug is less,

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

C'mon guys, don't allow Bertiezilla to drink a lot of mead :!: otherwise he will put more bugs into bug tracker! :lol:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

unfortunately, the skinning issues have to be taken care of here and now because it's prosilver… the new default style for phpBB3.
So it has to be good before RC1 otherwise they will be releasing patches for the style… and style patches is not a great idea.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

xsnslaine

Post by xsnslaine »

i realise that they need to be fixed for release, but minor style changes could wait for when we are in RC state, they dont affect the product on the whole.
EvilNui

Post by EvilNui »

RC stands for Release Candicate. It indicates that a software is basically done! You have to consider it to be a final product.
The usage of the product will just greatly increase since it can be used for production, which leads to more bugs to be found and after even those were squashed you can proudly present your software to be stable and final.

And the default style belongs to the package phpBB3, so it has to be ready.
Or else you would need to ship phpBB3 without a default style...

I hope I did grasp the idea of this part of the development cycle. Please correct me if needed :oops:
EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

EvilNui wrote: I hope I did grasp the idea of this part of the development cycle. Please correct me if needed :oops:

That is correct. :)
Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

EvilNui wrote: I hope I did grasp the idea of this part of the development cycle. Please correct me if needed :oops:

Yes, this is the philosophy, nonetheless you can release a RC lacking some additional/unnecessary details (like a theme) saying " hey, you're gonna see this once we go final".
Actually, also the "final" product is not necessarily final, since it may (and usually is) still be updated/patched with bugfixes/improvements and so forth.
So, at the end of the day it is up to the devs.
EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: Actually, also the "final" product is not necessarily final, since it may (and usually is) still be updated/patched with bugfixes/improvements and so forth.

Like EA Games. ;)

Programmer: We are almost to the point of Beta!

Manager: Good! We are releasing it to manufacturing tomorrow.

Programmer: 8O
EvilNui

Post by EvilNui »

Good to hear I wasn't too wrong :D
Nicholas the Italian wrote: [...] nonetheless you can release a RC lacking some additional/unnecessary details (like a theme) saying " hey, you're gonna see this once we go final".
Can it lack a theme or even the default theme?
Nicholas the Italian wrote: Actually, also the "final" product is not necessarily final, since it may (and usually is) still be updated/patched with bugfixes/improvements and so forth.
So, at the end of the day it is up to the devs.
Of course my words were still somewhat inaccurate. ;)
EXreaction wrote: Like EA Games. ;)
But that is at a point where it isn't funny anymore... *hmpf* Black & White 2 *hmpf* :evil:
Last edited by EvilNui on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

just wait guys

phpbb3 will be realease soon as bugs finish :mrgreen:
Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

EvilNui wrote: Can it lack a theme or even the default theme?

Since there is another one available, that's not a priority to me. So yes, it can be postponed, if the devs decide so. Luckily, a RAID crash... erg... devs decided otherwise... ;)