Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Gumfuzi

Re: Bug is less,

Post by Gumfuzi »

well, thats not a big surprise.

Let's collect some bug sprays and send it to the dev's!

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

Handyman wrote: 34 for phpBB3 and 54 for the website.
Bug is definitely more.

You are right Handyman. But people don't be so pesimistic, anyway, we are close to the end of this long journey. :mrgreen:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

code reader

Post by code reader »

Handyman wrote: 34 for phpBB3 and 54 for the website.
Bug is definitely more.

actually, the numbers are a bit deceiving, because of new classification.
with the new bug-tracker, a new classification, namely "phpBB 3.0 convertors" (btw: i believe this is the wrong spelling. i think it should be converters) was added. since all the bugs in this new category relate to phpbb 2 => phpbb 3 converter (5 bugs as of this moment), you should add this number to the 3.0 open bugs (41 now), for a total of 46.
as i mentioned in the past, one shouldn't confuse 46 open reports with 46 actual bugs: many reports do not actually point to bugs (or are duplicates), but at the same time it will be foolish to assume that all the actual bugs were already reported.
so:
# of open reports: 46
# of actual bugs: unknown.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

seems I missed that.
So 44 open reports for phpBB3
5 open reports for the phpBB3 converters and
60 for phpbb.com

the 60 open for phpbb.com, most of them are bug reports on the new style… though a few of them are strictly phpbb.com related and don't apply for everybody else.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

well theres 60 open tickets on phpbb3 so yes bug is more becasue of the down time they had a lot of people were doing a lot of testing.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

61 now, plus 62 on the website… which I'm imagining about half of them are proSilver related.
At least that's how it was yesterday… I didn't look too close today.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

80 for phpBB3, 5 for the converter and 72 for the site... :)

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: 80 for phpBB3, 5 for the converter and 72 for the site... :)

Yeah, I like it there are more bugs now. And I like more they have launched the new website. It's easier to use but the best point about it is that phpBB3 Olympus is tested now very good. Even with 8000 people online it worked good. I have saw an IPB board which was running on a fast server and they had problems with the MySQL connections with only 400 people online! :lol:

I predict there will be 100 bugs for phpBB3 documentation, convertors and the system itself then the devs will kill all bugs with an good bug-spray and then RC1! 8O And I think that will be done at 1 april. :roll:

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

you think, that the bugs are resistent against the "old" bugspray?

two solutions:
- someone has to research a better bugspray
- Bertiezilla puts tons of honey on those bug, maybe that will kill them (... and so he is away from the server, so he can't mess it up again)

;)

nixx

Post by nixx »

LOL Gumfuzi .. actuaqlly soapy water will suffocate almost any bug and its a lot less "sticky" then honey! ;)