Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
CoS

Re: Bug is less,

Post by CoS »

A chart comparing bugs/day with replies to this post/day would be interesting too. :P

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

52 open tickets...

code reader

Post by code reader »

DBM wrote: Some of these alleged "bugs" are trivial nonsense IMO, check out this one:
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=10319

Does RC1 really need to be delayed because someone wants the ability to auto-parse URLs in a big font?

Jeez. :roll:
i think you mix "not critical" with "trivial nonsense".
the fact that some/many of the bug reports are not about show-stoppers is correct, but it doesn't mean these bugs should not be reported or fixed.
i never heard any developer claim that "RC1 really need to be delayed" for #of bug-reports. this is your own personal interpretation.
a community member did bother to install and test the thing, and found and reported a problem.
nobody said it will determine the date of the RC release, and this person deserves our support and gratitude, not a "Jeez. :roll: ".

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

The Anaconda wrote: well how do you expect to get posts is less?

It may happen, as soon as administrators here decide to save some wasted db space deleting the most senseless messages.

Anyway, I'm here to propose a new competition, on the line of "guess the release date" one.
In this very moment, Suspecting RC1 very soon! topic counts 968 posts.
How many posts will there be when RC1 is actually released?
In other words, which post no. will be the one announcing RC1 is finally out?

My bet is 1133.
A vous. :P

Garrydw

Post by Garrydw »

I really think the devs should release a beta 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, skip 13 because it is bad luck and 14. That way they can really make sure this thing is bug free. I wouldn't want anyone to use a copy of phpBB 3 in a live environement with bugs. I say let's stick with the 100% bug free 2.0 until we can get through beta 14 and all should be good.
yeah yeah yeah... I know... it will be ready when it's ready.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Garrydw wrote: I really think the devs should release a beta 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, skip 13 because it is bad luck and 14. That way they can really make sure this thing is bug free. I wouldn't want anyone to use a copy of phpBB 3 in a live environement with bugs. I say let's stick with the 100% bug free 2.0 until we can get through beta 14 and all should be good.

I hope that is sarcasm.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

EXreaction wrote: I hope that is sarcasm.

No, he's being 100% serious.

Now, this is sarcasm

PS: have you noticed the new font color button? Nice, although colors are still ordered in a way that I can't find a f****g gray... :?

code reader

Post by code reader »

Garrydw wrote: I really think the devs should release a beta 6, 7, 8, 9.......
i did advocate beta-6, but that was a month ago.
i think the time for beta-6 have come and gone. it would be pointless now. i think not releasing it then was a miss, in that in the last month or so of testing about 1/10 of the potential testers actually participate in testing the code.
beta-5 was no longer relevant, and many people shy away from "the cvs version" as it's called.

but this all is in the past. at present, i think RC1 is the only logical step, and i believe it is very close now.
if there are any good reasons for more delay, i don't think they have to do with the code, but rather with other things.
i don't know exactly what kind of preparations needed for the RC release (preparing the web-site? documentation? any specific untested component needs more testing? preparing the team? who knows...), but my guess is that these preparations, rather than the code itself are the reason that it's not out already.

the last (and only) missing piece i know of is making prosilver "rtl capable" like subsilver2 is. i don't believe this should hold back RC1.

just my 2c, of course.

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: How many posts will there be when RC1 is actually released?
My prediction is that this topic will be closed long before RC1 comes out, thus freezing the number and making the number of posts here meaningless at that point.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

rivaldo wrote:
Nicholas the Italian wrote: How many posts will there be when RC1 is actually released?
My prediction is that this topic will be closed long before RC1 comes out, thus freezing the number and making the number of posts here meaningless at that point.
roflcopter :lol: