custom forum images

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
muhaidib

custom forum images

Post by muhaidib »

hey there,, Will phpBB3 have custom forum images, for example have an image for this forum when it has new topics and one image when there aren't any, somthing like that
Lastof

Re: custom forum images

Post by Lastof »

It has custom images, but I don't believe that they change when there are/aren't new posts. This is obviously an issue and I am sure it will become a mod.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

It is a standard feature already.

You can change it in your ACP > Styles > Imagesets module.
Joablen

Post by Joablen »

Highway of Life wrote: It is a standard feature already.

he is right... you can allready have custom images for each forum...
muhaidib

Post by muhaidib »

ok,,, in my forum (phpbb 2.0.x) i use a mod that does this

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

the full one means (new topics) and the faded one means (no new topics)

it looks pretty nice when there are a bunch of forums,,,

the thing is that there is only one option in phpbb3

just one image, so another field needs to be there just to show whether there are new topics or now
Joablen

Post by Joablen »

Joablen wrote:
Highway of Life wrote: It is a standard feature already.

he is right... you can allready have custom images for each forum...

again... just read!
Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Sorry to butt in, but I think here is some confusion going on here ;)
Joablen wrote: again... just read!

Actually, "just reading" is giving the TS a mixed signal. On the one hand, people are saying it can be done (including you in your quote that you told the TS to "just read").

However, it seems there is some confusion on just what "it" is. Yes, you can have custom images for a forum, but the TS is asking specifically about having two versions for each image, one for the forum having no unread messages, the other for the forum having unread messages.

As opposed to those saying it can be done, lastof is saying, it's possible to have custom images, but not possible to have different versions of an image corresponding to read and unread status, which is exactly what the topic starter is asking about. And which I tend to think is the correct answer, because it is more detailed, because it is consistent with what I have heard in the past, and because it is consistent with what the TS says he is seeing ;)
Joablen

Post by Joablen »

you jast have to go to ACP > Styles > Imagesets module. and there create a new image set, then just go to forum options and select that image set for the forum u want... its not so difficult...
wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 »

Joablen wrote: its not so difficult...

Just because YOU don't think its so difficult, doesn't mean that someone else who doesn't know where the option to add custom images doesn't find it difficult....... :roll:
Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Joablen: Please "just read" my previous post again, I'm not going to repeat it. Anyway, I think the TS's question has been answered, one way or another.