When will phpBB 21 be released

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: When will phpBB 21 be released

Post by Highway of Life »

vB has a sort of version of that, so I would assume it could be a MOD

Magnotta

Post by Magnotta »

I have it on good authority that some of the current plans for phpBB 21 are:

- voice recognition system. You say your post, and it's automatically written on screen.

- touch screen to select smilies and bbcode

- a new texture bbcode, where you can input a texture, and when you touch the screen, you'll be able to feel it. So, if someone uses say the water texture bbcode, when you touch the screen it will feel like water.

- a new censor system for previous mentioned texture bbcode, because I'm pretty sure some of you were getting dirty ideas at the thought of such a feature.

- all new beer system. Ok, Acyd Burn and the rest of the developers haven't clued me in on what exactly that will do, but I like the sound of it so far.

and, to help our unfortunetly physically disabled members, support for the deaf, where you can have a voice read the post to you, however not just any voice, but your choice of 106 different celebrity voices. And for the blind, a new brail feature, sort of a take on the texture bbcode, where the post will instead become brail on the monitor that the blind can then feel and read.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

itunes66 wrote: hmm. i dont know, i could do them but it is eaiser if they are already made i guess you could view announcements on a particular forum, see all global anouncements, see all stickys in a particular forum, and see all regular topics in a particular forum

I think there's a MOD for that for 2.0.x already. The nice thing about MODs like this is that they are usually very unobtrusive.

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Magnotta wrote: support for the deaf, where you can have a voice read the post to you

That's just mean :twisted:

trenzterra

Post by trenzterra »

Who cares about AJAX when there's telepatic reply.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Still, it'd be a lot more efficient if you would only receive back the changed data through telepathy than for the entire page to be transmitted into your brain. So AJAX will be useful even then.

asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

I wonder how I could get Quick Reply into the telepathic reply function.... I don't care if you can use your brain to reply, if there isn't a quick reply function I'm going to moan for months and months and month about it for no good reason.

Maybe the quick reply could guess what you're going to think based on your previous posts.... now if only there was a way to incorporate AJAX into this somehow :? I'll think about it and get back to you....

SamG

Post by SamG »

Magnotta wrote: - a new texture bbcode, where you can input a texture, and when you touch the screen, you'll be able to feel it. So, if someone uses say the water texture bbcode, when you touch the screen it will feel like water.
Oooh, cool! Scratch N' Sniff posts!!

/me runs over to phpBB.com with a MOD request…

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

SamG wrote: Oooh, cool! Scratch N' Sniff posts!!

The censor options better be very good. Otherwise, well, it's kinda like goatse to a whole new level.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

digibluez

Post by digibluez »

Everyone ? Shocked
Me, I do NOT want AJAX...

OMG,.... dont know what to say.

I want ajax so bad in every web app script,much faster.

But anyway when 21 will be released,ajax will be history :)
xxx network manager:digibluez.com,lineage2fan.com,lineage2-geek.com
"web is a nasty thing you can get stuck on." Digibluez