Waited for BETA, for nothing.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Aldenhier

Re: Waited for BETA, for nothing.

Post by Aldenhier »

VxJasonxV wrote: ...On Topic:
People whine, and whine, and whine, and whine, and "WHEN IS THE BETA COMING OUT" clamor on and out.
It comes out, and people are disappointed?

Honestly.
I know everybody else is saying the same thing, but this represents an achievement. That means 3.0 is coming SOON. Sooner than soon than we would have predicted months ago.

Beta is not final
Everything is not done

GREAT post; I agree with you on this: people whine because it's not out. Then it comes out and people whine because it's not exactly how they want it or because they can't upgrade when they're not even supposed to in the first place. Gheeze! Anyway....

Yeah I think they shuold not provide upgrade between BETAs, but only from RC1 to any other RCs and then Gold! :) Yay! Hurrah!

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

All I'm really looking for is a 2.0.x converter so I can convert the data from my live board and have some "real world" data to play with on my Olympus test environment. If they just keep that updated to reflect any db changes and the like, I'd be completely happy. No need to convert from one Olympus version to the next, just keep converting a copy of my live 2.0.x board.

But of course, that would tempt people into converting their live boards and running Olympus in a live environment.

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

Yeah sorry but I don't think anyone is going to make an official converter and I wouldn't trust anyone that did make one at all. *shrug*

I would suggest you tell people from your live board to register and post on your BETA board. Then you'll have stuff to test with! :)

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Aldenhier wrote: I would suggest you tell people from your live board to register and post on your BETA board. Then you'll have stuff to test with!

There's an idea :idea: ;)