Database Structure

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
alycad

Database Structure

Post by alycad »

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if the 2.1.2 csv version as the final database tables and fields?
I´m programming an conversor for phpbb2 2 phpbb3, that can be run with phpbb from diferent databases.
If its not final version, it wont be very different and all code changes will be minimum ;)
Ill build two versions, one lite, and one advanced.
Soon will be details. (This week)

Best Reg,

Alvaro
http://www.globalfree.net" target="_blank
Just feel it

Cheater512

Re: Database Structure

Post by Cheater512 »

You think the devs will tell you? ;)

From what I've seen from the CVS logs there are only tweaks going on atm. Nothing major and its easy to adapt your code to the changes.

Xore

Post by Xore »

Keep in mind that there are already convertor projects in the works. Nothing released, of course, but there will be conversion tools available for when olympus goes gold.

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

If what I have observed in the past months is anything to go by, things have been changing every few weeks, so it's very much fluid still at the moment.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

There have been small database changes almost every day. I find it easy to keep up with though.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I feel I should warn alycad that any information on how to obtain his converter posted here is likely to be removed by the mods, since there is a good reason that an official one isn't currently available.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

alycad

Post by alycad »

Lastof wrote: I feel I should warn alycad that any information on how to obtain his converter posted here is likely to be removed by the mods, since there is a good reason that an official one isn't currently available.
Nice warning ;) if i dont see this post, i soon or later will be catched up ;)

I wont give any link, but i advise that conversor will be out in a week, and will be working in all csv and beta version ;)

Best reg,

Alvaro
http://www.globalfree.net" target="_blank
Just feel it

SuiSSaS

Post by SuiSSaS »

Can you create an conversor for vBulletin 2 phpbb3 ??

Thanks...