Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Post Reply
LEW21
Registered User
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:27 pm

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by LEW21 »

For example editing templates
phpBB3.pl - user-friendly Polish phpBB3 support
LEW21
Registered User
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:27 pm

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by LEW21 »

Users can add 5 new bugs every day, developers can fix 10 bugs every day. 10 - 5 is 5. Now its 46 and users added this 5 bugs but developers didn't fixed anything.

46 - 10 = 36.
36 / 5 = ~7 days.
phpBB3.pl - user-friendly Polish phpBB3 support
User avatar
Schumi
Registered User
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:08 pm

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by Schumi »

I made a small statistic about the number of open bugs :)
Within the last week, I took down the number of open bugs daily and draw a graph from that data 8)
You can see it here. I played a bit with these numbers and came to the result that 0 bugs will be reached in 17.51 days if things go own like in the past seven days :mrgreen:

I'll continue updating the graph and the more data I collect the more realistic my prediction will be (hopefully :P).
"If sharks die, the sea dies" - Andy Cobb, ambassador SHARKPROJECT South Africa
phoenix-cms
Registered User
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:40 pm

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by phoenix-cms »

this is why phpbb dont anounce dates, i use to have dates on my software i release but puts so much stress on developers.

like are you done yet, or how long for release.

developers are doing great, with what they are doing.

lookin forward to the release so i can port it to nuke as i not putting it up public until phpbb says its beta :)

thanks

steve
working on a cms to be intergrated with phpbb 3 without any major code changing to keep with phpbb 3 guidelines
User avatar
NNO-Stephen
Registered User
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 12:47 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by NNO-Stephen »

phoenix-cms wrote: this is why phpbb dont anounce dates, i use to have dates on my software i release but puts so much stress on developers.

like are you done yet, or how long for release.

developers are doing great, with what they are doing.

lookin forward to the release so i can port it to nuke as i not putting it up public until phpbb says its beta :)

thanks

steve
you forget the part where nuke *beep* sucks. :)
Image
phoenix-cms
Registered User
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:40 pm

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by phoenix-cms »

i know nuke sucks why i been forking it for last 2 years lol

just did like everyone else did but what i think users need with full drag and drop type system.

but i still fix bugs at nuke community and why i always offered jobs even by the developer becuase i know what i doing. :lol:

thanks

steve
working on a cms to be intergrated with phpbb 3 without any major code changing to keep with phpbb 3 guidelines
zeroality
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:21 am

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by zeroality »

phoenix-cms wrote: but i still fix bugs at nuke community and why i always offered jobs even by the developer becuase i know what i doing. :lol:
Not English. :(
User avatar
yexusbeliever
Registered User
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:36 am
Location: Olympus phpBB3 will be released

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by yexusbeliever »

I know Olympus ship out date now! Check this:
SHS' wrote: * In the event phpBB3 Beta1 shows up before the 15th of May, the shipment/price change date will be moved ahead.
Reference to http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=387662" target="_blank

Hmm... so it will be release before May 15th.
hmm....
LEW21
Registered User
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:27 pm

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by LEW21 »

I was first with this message! Read this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23548&start=25
phpBB3.pl - user-friendly Polish phpBB3 support
sky.strife
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by sky.strife »

yexusbeliever wrote: I know Olympus ship out date now! Check this:
SHS' wrote: * In the event phpBB3 Beta1 shows up before the 15th of May, the shipment/price change date will be moved ahead.
Reference to http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=387662" target="_blank

Hmm... so it will be release before May 15th.
No, my guess is it won't, but in the event that it does (highly unlikely), he put that in there just to be safe.
Image

Image
Post Reply