errors ...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SamG

Re: errors ...

Post by SamG »

code reader wrote: usually if its not funny its not a joke.
Good point.

xdarkday

Post by xdarkday »

I thought it was funny... I am just proving your point now?

Damn I went way off topic now :(

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

User Control Panel is back again. :)

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

xdarkday wrote: Im really not sure if this was a joke.
As per others ... there was no :) involved :P I can't force peeps to take a board, certainly when I'm no longer involved in the project :D As it goes a compromise deal has been decided which means lots of work for me (hum ho) but at least we'll be using a "hybrid" of phpBB2 and phpBB "3".

As for inheritance ... far from adding complexity it does the reverse. None of this copying "roles" business (which is after all a more "capable" version of the original presets). Click a checkbox and all subfora have the same permisions and continue to inherit those permissions upon any change to the parent. So effectively you can end up changing just one foras permissions.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

So who does the documentation for all these features? Whoever writes it should do a through, clear job, since the new Olympus permissions system is so much more complex than 2.0.x's perm system.
Last edited by Dog Cow on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhn

Post by dhn »

Dog Cow wrote: So who does the documentation for all these features? Whoever writes it should do a through, clear job, since the new Olympus permissions system is so much more complex than 2.x's perm system.
There is a dedicated team for this.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

dhn wrote:
Dog Cow wrote: So who does the documentation for all these features? Whoever writes it should do a through, clear job, since the new Olympus permissions system is so much more complex than 2.0.x's perm system.
There is a dedicated team for this.
I assumed that was probably the case. Nothing like a good staff of Technical Writers to put an edge on the phpBB manual. I've read through the phpBB2.0.x manual several times. Good stuff for newbies (like I once was)

dhn

Post by dhn »

Dog Cow wrote: I assumed that was probably the case. Nothing like a good staff of Technical Writers to put an edge on the phpBB manual. I've read through the phpBB2.0.x manual several times. Good stuff for newbies (like I once was)
Actually 2.0.x manual was written by James "theFinn" Atkinson while he was on a bad cheese trip. He didn't ever remember writing it afterwards. To this day he calls it his "best Leerdammer trip ever" and is still recovering from it. Why do you think we don't let him do stuff any more? Just last week he tried to trade Berties for a few kilograms of Mimolette.

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

dhn wrote: Actually 2.0.x manual was written by James "theFinn" Atkinson while he was on a bad cheese trip. He didn't ever remember writing it afterwards. To this day he calls it his "best Leerdammer trip ever" and is still recovering from it. Why do you think we don't let him do stuff any more? Just last week he tried to trade Berties for a few kilograms of Mimolette.
This reminds me of how David Wells pitched the best game of his life, a perfect game, while he was drunk. There seems to be a trend :)

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

dhn wrote:
Dog Cow wrote: I assumed that was probably the case. Nothing like a good staff of Technical Writers to put an edge on the phpBB manual. I've read through the phpBB2.0.x manual several times. Good stuff for newbies (like I once was)
Actually 2.0.x manual was written by James "theFinn" Atkinson while he was on a bad cheese trip. He didn't ever remember writing it afterwards. To this day he calls it his "best Leerdammer trip ever" and is still recovering from it. Why do you think we don't let him do stuff any more? Just last week he tried to trade Berties for a few kilograms of Mimolette.

So should we start sending him loads of Leerdammer????? :twisted: :twisted:
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it