Anyone using Olympus live?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yexusbeliever

Anyone using Olympus live?

Post by yexusbeliever »

Anyone using phpbb 3 live???
hmm....

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Re: Anyone using Olympus live?

Post by Paul »

Not really live, only installed on my webhost for testing, but everyone can acces :).

pentapenguin

Post by pentapenguin »

yexusbeliever wrote: Anyone using phpbb 3 live???
For a variety of reasons, it's not recommended to run Olympus on a live site. ;)
And please, let's not turn this into a spam fest. :)
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

I am just wondering if people are actually using phpbb 3 just like how some of us uses dev or beta mods for phpbb2.
hmm....

Zdvig

Post by Zdvig »

yexusbeliever wrote: Anyone using phpbb 3 live???
run at localhost only ;)
Sorry for my bad English....
I love phpBB :)

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

ive herd this website is.. however they are playing it down as just a developmental version...

Yawnster

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

I would use it live...but I keep getting one database error when I try to access the subscriptions page in the UCP...and I can't figure out what is going on(I am not the best at php yet)...

p3980

Post by p3980 »

EXreaction wrote: I would use it live...but I keep getting one database error when I try to access the subscriptions page in the UCP...and I can't figure out what is going on(I am not the best at php yet)...
Trust me, there are about 10,000 errors I'm in the process of fixing. Don't feel bad.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

p3980 wrote:
EXreaction wrote: I would use it live...but I keep getting one database error when I try to access the subscriptions page in the UCP...and I can't figure out what is going on(I am not the best at php yet)...
Trust me, there are about 10,000 errors I'm in the process of fixing. Don't feel bad.
Lol, probably true...I am just looking to find something that is somewhat stable, and something with no noticable bugs in...atleast nothing like the error I am getting...because even a little work fixing it won't take nearly as much as getting a fresh install of 2.0.19 to work the way I want it to...there are just too few features that I think are really needed...
(I am hoping that error gets fixed quick...it is a really noticable one...so it should be soon)

p3980

Post by p3980 »

It's been there for months.

As for my coding experience, I've coded my own Custom CMS, complete with forum system if that helps you determine at all :D