I am taking the code.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Cap'n Refsmmat

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

AdamR wrote: In all honestly, that's all I think this is. Call me a n00b, call me evil, call me whatever you want, but I decided to feed the troll. We all did in this scenario. I hereby give you Phopbamb

Okay, I was bored and there was a sale going on. :P

- Adam
Twenty points for AdamR!
PhapBomb?

nuckfan15

Post by nuckfan15 »

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

AdamR wrote: In all honestly, that's all I think this is. Call me a n00b, call me evil, call me whatever you want, but I decided to feed the troll. We all did in this scenario. I hereby give you Phopbamb

- Adam
lol! You just ruined his dream! :) This wins pwn of the year.

Also, can't you just write the domain name cost off to phpBB?

pentapenguin

Post by pentapenguin »

Adam is a cybersquatter*! :twisted:

(But how can you cybersquat a non existent product? :lol: )
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

Be careful guys, don't confuse copyright and registered trademarks.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

AdamR wrote:
nuckfan15 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll" target="_blank
In all honestly, that's all I think this is. Call me a n00b, call me evil, call me whatever you want, but I decided to feed the troll. We all did in this scenario. I hereby give you Phopbamb

- Adam
Adam, when is phopbamb coming out? Huh? When? When, when, when, when? Is it ready yet? ...how about now? No? Ummm... how about now? Now? How about now? Hmmm... now?

AdamR

Post by AdamR »

rivaldo wrote: Adam, when is phopbamb coming out? Huh? When? When, when, when, when? Is it ready yet? ...how about now? No? Ummm... how about now? Now? How about now? Hmmm... now?
Very soon, in fact. I'll just port the phpBB codebase, add one feature, and redistribute it. :P ;) :twisted:

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

AdamR wrote:
rivaldo wrote: Adam, when is phopbamb coming out? Huh? When? When, when, when, when? Is it ready yet? ...how about now? No? Ummm... how about now? Now? How about now? Hmmm... now?
Very soon, in fact. I'll just port the phpBB codebase, add one feature, and redistribute it. :P ;) :twisted:

- Adam
"You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind until you have become the very thing you swore to destroy." --Star Wars
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

FronServo wrote:
Spectral Dragon wrote:
FronServo wrote: This is not a threat, this is a WARNING. As PHPBB3.0 has taken so long to complete, I have taken the code, tweaked it, and made it stable. It will be under the name, "PhopBamb", which is under the name "phpBB". If you care to disagree, the name is phpbb. Take out the o, a, and the m, you get phpBB. It is the same name.

Now then, you realize that once i release this to the public, they will be VERY mad at you. Imagine - all the features planned with PHPBB3.0, right. now. Face it, the people won't wait to use your software. A very small user fan base will, but most will want an updated phpBB. NOW. And I'm just giving this to them.

Being under the liscence that you are, I'm afraid you have no choice to accept this. I'm not breaking any rules - i'm not using my own name - i'm not claiming it as my own. I simply modified your code to work as desired.

Now, I am not doing this to give the people what they want. I am doing this to get the pleasure out of you all losing your users to an unofficial fix. You can lock this topic, whatever you want. Wont stop me from doing it. Which I will.
Get ready, devs.

Good day.
.....ok, and you think this hasn't been tried before huh? I have seen a few of these other "stable" releases and they aren't as "stable" as the author makes them out to be. Like many others, people are going to assume yours is crap as well and just not care.

Your idea is old, and, further, it's cliche and boring, don't you got anything original? If your so good, why don't you make your own forum software?

I bet your evil laugh as you contemplate these things is going to be crappy too, much like your cliche'd statements above :lol:
I'm terribly afraid your opinion here doesn't matter... sorry sorry. :(
Another cliche'd saying? LOL well, my single opinion doesn't matter, but as you will soon find out the opinion of a large amount of people certainly does matter, and adding my voice to this certainly does have an impact, it's how human social structures work.

Magnotta

Post by Magnotta »

FronServo, the joke is on YOU. For once you release your marvelous new vision of phpBB, I will then take your Phopbamb code and release an even more improved version. Now, if I know the how the human mind works, people will like my new and improved version of Phopbamb, and flock to my system. Your userbase will run dry, and you will be forced to admit defeat, and then fizzle away. Then I will control the bulliten board universe.

All in good time my friend.