Something to think about...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Something to think about...

Post by EXreaction »

Ok, first of all, I know this is to late to add into phpBB3, but something you guys should think of for phpBB4(if you ever get that far) is template designs...

Instead of having it the way it is now in 2(the colors, and configuration all in one set) I think it would be awsome to have the configuration files seperate, and then have a different section for the colors...so say you install a mod...instead of having to mod each template, you would go to the config file, modify that, and it would work...or just change a color, and it would change it for everything in that template...without having to change every tpl file to do it that way.

I don't know much php myself, but from my experience, this shouldn't be too awful hard to throw in...and it would make everything much easier.

Or mabey you are doing something like that for phpBB3?

tiger2kn5

Re: Something to think about...

Post by tiger2kn5 »

hmmm

css?

Graham

Post by Graham »

Can I remind you that this is not the place for feature suggestions - that is the tracker and that before you make suggestions you should look at what is already present ;)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Graham wrote: Can I remind you that this is not the place for feature suggestions - that is the tracker and that before you make suggestions you should look at what is already present ;)
Ya, I was wondering where the tracker was...but I couldn't find much about it...

Why, are they planning to do something like this? That would be awsome! :D

Ya, I had anouther question also...but I can't remember it anymore... :oops:

Oh, and great work so far on phpBB3...even if it is taking forever to get it out. ;)

Oh, ya, and CSS...I know it means Cascading Style Sheet...but what exactly does it do? :?

th23

Post by th23 »

EXreaction wrote: Oh, ya, and CSS...I know it means Cascading Style Sheet...but what exactly does it do?
Sorry, but how about asking Google (or your preferred SearchEngine) about it? Gives very good results and explanations...

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

th23 wrote: Sorry, but how about asking Google (or your preferred SearchEngine) about it? Gives very good results and explanations...
Oh, ya...never really thought of that...and to think I tell other people to check google first...but never do it myself. Image