Release before or after the end of this year?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Faina

Release before or after the end of this year?

Post by Faina »

Yeah I know I'm going to get flamed and possibly locked for this but I really need to know (this is going to change my decision of forum software to use on my site), based on the current development activity of phpBB3, does it look like it will be released before the year is over or after?

Reason being, if it's going to be released sooner then I'll probably use phpBB2 and then upgrade, but if not I don't think I can live without the lack of features that long so I'd go with IPB.

This is a simple question, if you don't have some speculation or an answer or whatever, please don't post spam/flames/other crap.

No, this isn't asking for an exact release date. I'm asking within a generous window of when do you THINK it will come out between two choices...

paulc

Re: Release before or after the end of this year?

Post by paulc »

Faina

Post by Faina »

Wow, did that post get off topic or what :)

I got a good idea of the time frame from it though, thanks.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

plus, with some patience on our part, Paul's recent posting in a separate thread on here indicates a near-term announcement (possibly) that may help shed some light on 3.0's status:
psoTFX wrote: I'm confident the forthcoming announcement and an increase in openess (to a certain extent) will benefit everyone.
** so be on the lookout for some "official announcement" on here or over on the main phpBB site too... **

blobber

Post by blobber »

LOL :lol: