Ready to be moderated...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EWT

Ready to be moderated...

Post by EWT »

No support for CVS... yahda yahda yahda..

Reason is obvious: there is no sanity in troubleshooting code that is not finished. Understood.

This post is not asking for code support, but installation guidance...

Here goes: If I have an installation ov the CVS and I want to update the installation to the newest snapshot, must I reinstall or can I just refresh the installation? If I can refresh, what files must I not update?

If this gets locked, cheers!

blobber

Re: Ready to be moderated...

Post by blobber »

EWT wrote: No support for CVS... yahda yahda yahda..

Reason is obvious: there is no sanity in troubleshooting code that is not finished. Understood.

This post is not asking for code support, but installation guidance...

Here goes: If I have an installation ov the CVS and I want to update the installation to the newest snapshot, must I reinstall or can I just refresh the installation? If I can refresh, what files must I not update?

If this gets locked, cheers!

Well, maybe you should read up on a couple of basic about CVS ... what you are trying to do is exactly one of the major points in using CVS at all.
So, google for a couple of CVS tutorials or go directly to sourceforge and read through their excellent CVS documentation.

However, if you are Windooze user, chances are good that you may feel much more comfortable using any of the many freely available GUI frontends to CVS (i.e. Tortoise CVS etc.).

You will then simply open the app, click on a button and say "update", and everything will be done automagically for ya.

However, of course this doesn't take any potential modifications of your local DB into account.

Have fun with CVS !

HTH

wGEric

Re: Ready to be moderated...

Post by wGEric »

"installation guidance" is still support.
Eric