Forum function question

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
zapps

Forum function question

Post by zapps »

I wonder if Olympus has the following feature available: when an admin or moderator visit a topic, to close it automatically with a predefined message when they leave the topic page :)

Aldenhier

Re: Forum function question

Post by Aldenhier »

You could do that with a phpBB 2.0 mod, but I don't think it's in 3.0... but I wish it was. I guess that you define messages in the ACP and choose from a dropdown, kinda like in IPB's Topic Multi-Moderation?

zapps

Post by zapps »

I think Graham could tell us more about this feature...

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

zapps wrote: I think Graham could tell us more about this feature...
Oh. I get it.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice to "be more original". Or perhaps just "be funny". That would work too.

blobber

Post by blobber »

DeadEye686 wrote:
zapps wrote: I think Graham could tell us more about this feature...
Oh. I get it.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice to "be more original". Or perhaps just "be funny". That would work too.

Alternatively, "zapps" -being the thread-starter of this thread- could also easily lock his own threads by himself, rather than delegating that task to any of the phpBB guys ;-)

zapps

Post by zapps »

blobber wrote: Alternatively, "zapps" -being the thread-starter of this thread- could also easily lock his own threads by himself, rather than delegating that task to any of the phpBB guys ;-)
If it's difficult to understand, let me explain. I posted a question regarding a feature and I hope that someone will be so kind to keep on topic and to answer it.

I have the feeling that Graham is one of those who can answer my question.

If it's required, and someone will still find it hard to understand, I'll try to explain this question more detailed.

blobber

Post by blobber »

Well, hard to say, but:
zapps wrote: I wonder if Olympus has the following feature available: when an admin or moderator visit a topic, to close it automatically with a predefined message when they leave the topic page :)
That's how I understood it:

You want certain threads to be optionally closed (=locked ?) automatically whenever a moderator leaves a topic (that is, opens another page/link ?) and also allow moderators to display pre-configured messages for that purpose ?

If that's correct, I personally do not see any use for something like this right now, on the other hand your question was whether Olympus currently features something like this, as far I know: NO - but as we all know: Olympus is "work in progress"...

But it's hard to say whether your particular feature (or any non-obvious feature for that matter) is going to be implemented, as the final feature list is not only closed, but also not publicly available. Apart from that I'd personally strongly doubt that this feature is going to be implemented anytime soon if it is indeed supposed to do what I described above.

zapps

Post by zapps »

It wasn't so hard to wrote such a decent answer, isn't it? ;) Yes, now you got what I meant. Thanks.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Just curious: what would be the use case for such a feature (i.e. in what situation(s) would it be useful)?