This Board?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Ma-tt

This Board?

Post by Ma-tt »

Hey,

What is the message board ran off of? (phpbb? or what)
And Where can I download it off of? (if I can)

Thankx,
Matt

Corey

Re: This Board?

Post by Corey »

This is phpbb 3, and you can download the cvs verison here

http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/" target="_blank

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

but heed the warnings cause you travel at your own risk ;)

** you can download the normally supported version here http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php **

Ma-tt

Post by Ma-tt »

WOHOOO thank you :-)

Ma-tt

Post by Ma-tt »

Hey,

Um...I am having some problams with the install thingy. :roll: Can an admin or mod or w.e please. I am having these errors.

Directory and file setup
Required
In order to function correctly phpBB needs to be able to access or write to certain files or directories. If you see "Not Found" you need to create the relevant file or directory. If you see "Unwriteable" you need to change the permissions on the file or directory to allow phpBB to write to it.

• cache/ Found, Unwriteable
• files/ Found, Unwriteable
• store/ Found, Unwriteable

Optional
These files, directories or permissions are optional. The installation routines will attempt to use various techniques to complete if they do not exist or cannot be written to. However, the presence of these files, directories or permissions will speed installation.

• config.php Found, Unwriteable

Tests failed

How do you fix that?
Thankx in advance,
Matt

Corey

Post by Corey »

You need to give the config.php file writeable permissions by php. Easy way to do it is to change config.php to have a permisson of 777, and change it back to the orginal after.

Magnotta

Post by Magnotta »

Please note: absolutely no support is being given for this board yet. Once it's reaches a BETA some support will be given, but for now, it's still a work in progress. As such, things will be changed, things added/deleted, and so forth, and as such no support is given. This goes all the way down to small little things(once you make one exception, you'll have to continue, so if you've got a question about how to fix something, a bug, whatever, hold off on posting it for now).

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Ma-tt wrote: Hey,

What is the message board ran off of? (phpbb? or what)
And Where can I download it off of? (if I can)

Thankx,
Matt
I guess this post should have been nipped in the bud. Right from the index page of the area51 board http://area51.phpbb.com" target="_blank
Remember, this is the home to
development
of phpBB. If you want the latest stable release of the software, need support, etc. please visit the main site at http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank Please do not post support questions on the boards here!

kieroth_whiteleaf

Post by kieroth_whiteleaf »

Heh. On the main area51 page someone should just put "If you can't figure out how to download it, you're not skilled enough to be using it."

I'm not smart enough to use it. But I *AM* smart enough to know I'm not smart enough to use it ;)

SFG

ChaosBringer

Post by ChaosBringer »

Actually, i did install it in one of my servers, but it was so full of bugs i just took it down, however it did server its purpose of letting me now and get a feel for the new features and settings....